Author Topic: Very Hard is ridiculously difficult  (Read 3021 times)

Grx112

• View Profile
Very Hard is ridiculously difficult
on: September 30, 2017, 06:44:29 AM
I don't understand how incompetent the devs must be to make the highest difficulty impossible to beat. Each character gets melted in 2 shots since the AI has spot on aimbot from maximum range and I've literally tried every possible character including the recommended only to get the same result. Its as if they purposefully made it impossible to encourage matchmaking but I just want to grind gold. The logic for his difficulty has no justification for it. If I could Solo Gears of war campaigns on Insane which take hours to complete why can't I solo a mission on the highest difficulty that only offer about 20 minutes of gameplay. I am truly dumbfounded by this poor choice of balance the Devs applied to single player.

JYNXEDZ

• View Profile
Re: Very Hard is ridiculously difficult
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 07:59:22 AM
Yeah your right I kind of said something about this in a earlier post. You have level your choice character first I figure, and the only way to do that is through multi-player at the moment. It's the only way to get the resources you need to do so.

Grx112

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 11:24:07 AM
I have upgrades across all the raiders (some with better weapons too) but it all feels pointless when you're insanepy squishy and get punished for just about any careless move. It also conflicts heavily with objective as the AI can literally destroy it whilst ur just trying to stay alive. It also doesn't help that stress recovery takes double the anount of time than it normally would in a matchmaking game. All odds are against you and it feels like skill doesn't even become a factor for progress in the missions just luck.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 12:01:32 PM
And the other thing is, if someone manages to beat all the difficulty modes (including this downright ridiculous one), the single player mode gets totally pointless, because of the only one time rewards. I know the Dev want’s you to play the multiplayer, but then what’s the point of the single player mode, if we can’t farm some faction points, character points or funny money (only for tutorial purposes)?!

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:29:08 AM
Just want to point out that this problem permeates into the multiplayer in the form of Difficulty Score. The more wins you get, the higher the difficulty will be in the next match. It's really not a well thought out system because I've reached a point where games take forever to finish and it's quite easy to lose the encounter due to grunts one-shotting most characters who aren't named Konstantin. The spawns are ridiculous when 20 no-name guys pop up and steam roll your whole group in one go. It's actually killed the game for me and my friends - because in addition to making matches more lengthy and difficult - which is alright, I don't have a problem with that on its own - the rewards were often below 2000, even when we scored 8/10. I worked it out, and it seems to be giving us exactly one quarter of the usual reward we were receiving 2 days ago.

And to make matters worse, I feel bad queuing with low level random players because it averages out the difficulty and broken rewards, so they end up working harder for less as well.

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 03:36:10 PM
Balancing is something we are looking at right across the board, not just from feedback like this but also from actual game play data and analytics. The more you play the better the data we have and of course, listening to opinions on here is also critical.