Author Topic: Antagonist mode in desperate need of balance  (Read 5937 times)

Grx112

• View Profile
Antagonist mode in desperate need of balance
on: September 29, 2017, 04:56:05 AM
I just had the most frustrating Antagonist game and it wasn't the players, but what the players were doing themselves. The respawn system is a joke as there are only about 6 different spawns and there are teams out there who are literally spawn killing antagonists since the spots are so predictable. Its not fair that once I spawn they are alerted by a glow and follow up immediately with grabs in which only one can be parried. We should be able to have 2 second invincibility after we spawn AND are able to MOVE AND ATTACK so we can punish their spawn camping with a quick grab and get 1.5 second immunity after executing a player to avoid their spam grabs that they follow up with after our kill animation.

Exroath

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist mode in desperate need of balance
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 03:20:04 PM
There is a card you can draw that increases your invincibility time.

I would suggest looking for a spawn point away from the team and SLOWLY approach them.. I see a lot of people rushing teams.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CaptnBarbosa

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 06:03:16 PM
I just find the Antagonist mode not as enjoyable. I think it should be a gimmick for some fun rewards but not taken as seriously as it is being pushed.

Besides fighting new players as an antagonist, it's pretty easy to stomp out an Antagonist with a remotely organized time. I've had no trouble with them at all in my games as a Raider. The balancing is difficult.

The Antagonist should be out there just trying to sabotage someone's game. Hell, you should let them drop in on friend's games.  The fact that you lose stigmas when the odds are completely against the antagonist are just disappointing.

Also, losing and waiting for the rewards screen that will have nothing is frustrating. Let us get out, and just re-join another game.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:31:34 PM
Maybe a movable spawn point, wherein the player is able to move the point wherever he wants to respawn? Just an idea.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 06:37:38 PM
We should be able to have 2 second invincibility after we spawn AND are able to MOVE AND ATTACK so we can punish their spawn camping with a quick grab and get 1.5 second immunity after executing a player to avoid their spam grabs that they follow up with after our kill animation.

I agree that something need to be do to avoid that camping, but what you are proposing is really unfair. You would see antagonists spawning on raiders and kill them while they are invulnerable, only because the raider was on a spot that the antagonist can spawn and he didn't knew it.

loadedterror13

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 11:21:35 PM
I made a posting on here that was quite long and pointed out so so many flaws that were overlooked when the game was made, and the devs have yet to say anything about them, we need to unite as a community and maybe we will be noticed, other wise, the devs do not care. They have made a ton of cash thanks to all of us buying the founders packs. I want this game to succeed but I would without a doubt take a full refund right now if I could

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 04:05:08 PM
I just played a round where we got stuck on the elevator on the final part of hanging thread getting grabbed to death for 16 lives.
antagonsit was Lycus ,literally nothing we could do.
the melee system does not work.

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 05:01:57 PM
The Antagonist's performance is something largely dependent on the player's skill. It's easy to get discouraged by early games where an experienced Raiders Team can pile up and totally neutralize an Antagonist.

However, once you get a good understanding of the map you are playing in, and the team of Raiders you are facing, you can come with different strategies in order to be successful. A good example is precisely what alef321 comments -they clearly faced an Antagonist who knew his business.

But it works the other way around too, as you can make sure no character is left unprotected and susceptible to being ambushed.

Please, remember the melee system works on both ways! For every move, there is a counter. Whatever the Antagonist throws at you, you can beat.

Thanks for the great feedback guys.

Seventh

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 04:51:11 AM
Please, remember the melee system works on both ways! For every move, there is a counter. Whatever the Antagonist throws at you, you can beat.

This a thousand times!

matuakiwigames

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 02:57:19 AM
the only issue i have with antag is the shortened time to pick a character when all raiders have selected there characters since as antag, stage selection and characters on the raider team matter alot in picking a character for the fight

Oxnardo

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 08:06:58 AM
Yep... just got matched against a lvl 200... being lvl 64... Ive stated that this gameplay was never meant to be balanced, but this is ridiculous
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:34:33 PM by Oxnardo »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 05:29:41 PM
Hopefully the next rework is antagonist mode.