Author Topic: Hans is OP  (Read 5610 times)

JERICHO_942

• View Profile
Hans is OP
on: September 29, 2017, 05:35:16 PM
For the last few days I've been trying different raiders, trying to find relatively the best one for going antagonist mode. And it always turned out to be Hans.
I mean look at this: a guy with temporal invulnerability to melee, soaring in the air at great speeds, shooting down EXPLOSIVE projectiles (anyone who have ever played an FPS with rocket launcher in it knows that jumping makes shooting rockets way easier), has the fastest melee animation and finisher. Give him a rare weapon and he can wipe out the whole squad of bunched up raiders, which is the thing they must to do not get jumped on. They scatter - they die on their own because of the goddamn airstrike. Doesn't this call for a nerf?

King of the Broken Planet

• Your King is here....
    • View Profile
Re: Hans is OP
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:21:06 PM
I agree

tribas

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:23:06 PM
Hans is great indeed but not OP , a good Konstantin or Lycus with shit happens can easily shoot him down mid air and forget it if you get  a good Alicia lol good luck hitting her with those traveling projectiles while she spam jumps and glides around above your head .

Edit: Forgot to mention don't know why you are talking about giving him a rare weapon if his default weapon is the best of the 3 options btw lol.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:27:43 PM by tribas »

Grx112

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 11:31:15 AM
Actually Alicia and Shae are currently the most OP. Alicia literally has no cooldowns on her jump thus allowing her to spam it constantly and remain airborne even longer than Hans who literally has a jetpack. The game falsely advertises Hans as the most mobile character when it is Alicia. Hans gets cooldowns on his jetpack and remains vulnerable for some time. But good Alicias consistently jump around every 2 seconds and allows her to ambush and escape encounters too easily. Shae is kinda obvious since she has good burst damage with the right weapon and can bewitch players long enough to secure a kill in close or long range without breaking a sweat.

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 12:02:56 AM
Considering the amount of grinding and required time playing Antagonist to use them, I don't think one can consider rare weapons an assumed element of a character.

Copperbadge

• I'm here for the co-op. (Avatar ©2017 Mafer)
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 01:09:07 AM
Considering the amount of grinding and required time playing Antagonist to use them, I don't think one can consider rare weapons an assumed element of a character.

You'd be suprised, mate.
Plus: It actually does make sense to expect an antagonist to have a good weapon due to good antagonists being the ones who actually have access to said.
So when you get a beating, you might just have met one of them.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 01:17:57 AM
In before the Mikah is OP thread pops up.

But seriously, I would say Konstantin is the strongest Antagonist in many situations. Hans is definitely a nuisance as Antagonist, but a good Konstantin can ruin his day. I find most of the Raiders are quite balanced with good counters, and I've encountered some frightening antagonists in many different forms.

Copperbadge

• I'm here for the co-op. (Avatar ©2017 Mafer)
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 01:37:47 AM

But seriously, I would say Konstantin is the strongest Antagonist in many situations. Hans is definitely a nuisance as Antagonist, but a good Konstantin can ruin his day. I find most of the Raiders are quite balanced with good counters, and I've encountered some frightening antagonists in many different forms.

I second this.

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 12:27:30 AM
not op.
every antagonist can get locked and ass spanked duo to being 1vs4 no matter the map/raider you chose.

can_gooroo

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 09:01:51 AM
Alicia quite annoying, I can see it, but think about it:
Hans have 140 hp, Alicia 100 hp, which means:
1) it easier to down Alicia than Hans.
2) When Hans down you, he still can approach you with jetpack, while Alicia have to approach on foot (and hovering not give her any speed boost), given the fact that Hans have both speed and decent HP-bar means little bit you can do once he downed you, you can't shoot him back, you can't resist in melee, due to melee mechanics.
In order to hover Alicia have to double-tap her ability and need proper environment, what requried at least some positioning and awarness, Hans can hover instantly at any given time as he desires.
Alicia make 40 damage with her shotgun, and you need to aim; No need to aim as Hans, just shoot the ground (damn, you can do it even on a gamepad) and you have 50-60 damage (60 damage, you can literally one-shot Harec). Both guns have same rate of fire and fairly comparable clip-size.
Alicia can't manage her adrenalin, she can't ambush you, she can't surprise you (unless you lack of awareness), she can't adapt and change strategy, she's one trick pony, that is the whole point of the character, she's annoying, but really predictable. Needless to say that Hans still have adrenalin managment even though he don't really need it that often.
Hans is straight forward broken, it's frustrating to face him both as raider and as antagonist, he's straight forward replace Alicia by any means.

can_gooroo

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 09:27:28 AM
Nah, she seems legit. At least she can't approach you in 1 second, shot the ground beneath you and inflict 60 damage without any effort. And her ability requred some thoughts to make it work.

But seriously, I would say Konstantin is the strongest Antagonist in many situations. Hans is definitely a nuisance as Antagonist, but a good Konstantin can ruin his day.

Well, maybe Konstantin can counter Hans, but the fact that as antagonist you have to counter-pick not enemy composition, but a single charaters - that's ridiculous. And it won't work good for a game if people forced to pick specific antagonist because of the presence of one character. Personally I think Konstantin is strong, but I found him soooooo boooooriiiiing toooo plaaaay (that is how he slow).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:38:56 AM by can_gooroo »