Author Topic: Antagonist CPU stand-in  (Read 314 times)

Angeles2099

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 201
  • Guild:Uras-Acolytes PSN:Angeles2099
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Antagonist CPU stand-in
on: December 12, 2018, 11:33:49 PM
Hey Mercury team, I love the addition of the Super Cortez Bros, it adds a sigh of relief knowing that the balance hasn't been tipped too far cause of a loss of a player.
An a similar note, I'm all for getting a freebie victory when an antagonist disconnects but I want to potentially earn an even greater score and rewards than whats given when they quite. So I was thinking (as i'm sure you did too) What if Uras-Beherit creates a CPU clone of the Raider that was selected or a random one from the available pool of characters the Antagonist had at the time. It would be similar to how you fight the Antagonist (CPU) in The Enemy Within boss battle.

What do you guys think?

Level9Drow

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1209
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 02:35:47 AM
SSHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!!!! Why you do this?

Hiero_Glyph

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 03:50:25 AM
This sounds more like something that would work when there are no-antag and always-antag playlists available. Basically 4 raiders could queue up and if no player-controlled antag was available or if the player-controlled antag disconnects then the AI could take over to finish the match.

Angeles2099

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 201
  • Guild:Uras-Acolytes PSN:Angeles2099
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 06:13:41 AM
This sounds more like something that would work when there are no-antag and always-antag playlists available. Basically 4 raiders could queue up and if no player-controlled antag was available or if the player-controlled antag disconnects then the AI could take over to finish the match.

Yesss that's exactly what i'm talking about. And having an AI controlled antag should be random. Like if there is an Antag that quits, automatic AI replacement. but if there is no antag, there should be like a 20% chance you'll get an AI Antag.

This ..... is Genius!

LoganMaze

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 09:12:37 AM
love this! i personally get happy when there is an antagonist since they break the monotony, altho i feel bad for the low level raiders and the antagonist when he lose.

Lancer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 61
  • "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 09:19:59 PM
This sounds more like something that would work when there are no-antag and always-antag playlists available. Basically 4 raiders could queue up and if no player-controlled antag was available or if the player-controlled antag disconnects then the AI could take over to finish the match.

Yesss that's exactly what i'm talking about. And having an AI controlled antag should be random. Like if there is an Antag that quits, automatic AI replacement. but if there is no antag, there should be like a 20% chance you'll get an AI Antag.

This ..... is Genius!

maybe 35% Chance? 20 seems kinda low

Level9Drow

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1209
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 02:49:55 AM
Could people opt out of this imposed 20% AI antag? Or would it also be forced?

Angeles2099

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 201
  • Guild:Uras-Acolytes PSN:Angeles2099
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 07:37:30 PM
Theirs an 80% chance that you'll have a regular mission, which is often, that's not good enough? Is the thought of of PVP in this game that bad?

ArnoldCat

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 189
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 08:32:19 PM
Theirs an 80% chance that you'll have a regular mission, which is often, that's not good enough? Is the thought of of PVP in this game that bad?


LordDraco3

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 08:28:31 PM
Theirs an 80% chance that you'll have a regular mission, which is often, that's not good enough? Is the thought of of PVP in this game that bad?

Also, if it's an AI bot, it can't be considered PVP because there's no player controlling it ;)

Anyways I have no opinion on the topic

SniffaXxX

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 07:10:04 PM
I wouldn’t mind this idea. Anything to spice up the grind and add some variety. Could potentially make a lot of missions easier if the said AI were a source of aleph.

ArnoldCat

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 189
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist CPU stand-in
Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 07:36:03 PM
I was holding myself to argue about this, but i have to...

In one "regular mission" you already have a percentage of getting a Antagonist on it.

This is variable, some times you have antagonist invasions all day, lets say 90% chance. And other times you dont have antagonist all day, lets say 10%.

So lets put a 50% chance of getting an antagonist on a "regular mission".
To that you are adding a 20% or a 35% if you listen to Lancer.

That will raise the chance of getting a antagonist to 70% - 85% all the time.

So, you think that will be fair for the pve players?

I know you like pvp and you obviously want more of the things you like in the game. But dont step over the pve players in the process...


And here is a neko because i like nekos .........