Author Topic: Antagonists should NOT lose umbra point, only gain  (Read 5081 times)

TheTwoGunKid

• The Dude.
    • View Profile
Antagonists should NOT lose umbra point, only gain
on: September 24, 2017, 09:17:34 PM
Played through all of Hanging by a thread, killed 36 raiders, no one disconnected, opposition was able to complete the mission, but I had a great time!  Lost -2 umbra points.....what? So I might as well have not played? I'm trying to get umbra points so I can rank up to use the blueprint I should hopefully be able to use eventually after the whole xbox founders pack thing gets fixed, but if this is the kind of system i have to get past, I feel pretty underwhelmed. I have no other cards to use, no other weapons, just hope that the opposition is worse than me, makes a minor mistake multiple times, or ,I'd hate to say, disconnect. I cant understand not gaining many if any points for a multitude of reasons, but in one of my first antagonist matches, that's what happens? And I don't gain any other rewards? Feels like a waste.

Victorray

• View Profile
Re: Antagonists should NOT lose umbra point, only gain
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:45:21 PM
No one has any of the new weapons yet. But you will be able to start constructing them in 5 hours depending on where you rank in the antagonist leaferboard. You don't need to be too high either. As for not losing any points when you lose, then there's no real consequence for losing. The leaderboard is up there to try to see who the best of the best are, and if no one lost points would just be whoever plays the most

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

TheTwoGunKid

• The Dude.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 10:15:46 PM
Here's the issue, it says it won't lower anything below 20, so if I at least got to 20 to be ranked at all to make a weapon, that'd be fine, so even if all the players like me aren't that good, at least them playing would be making progress in some way, shape, or form. But if I can't even gain any points at all, then losing in itself is the consequence, since I am not even making a slow crawl towards progress. I'd rather a player lose 5 times as an antagonist and make 5 points and an antagonist win 1 time to make 5 points. And just leave the losing points after 20 the same. Instead, I play the whole round getting kills and actually playing, and I get less than nothing. I know I'm being pretty simple about that example, but there has to be a way to where someone doesn't lose again and again and make nothing in the long run.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:28:27 PM by TheTwoGunKid »

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:18:31 PM
it's not just the antagonist
this game is harsh on your no matter the mode , masochist's wetdream , if you're into feeling pain, this is the best experience .

TheTwoGunKid

• The Dude.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 12:29:57 AM
it's not just the antagonist
this game is harsh on your no matter the mode , masochist's wetdream , if you're into feeling pain, this is the best experience .
I mean, not particularly difficult, i mean, it's not easy, but still. And it's not the difficulty I'm complaining about. And actually, in every other mode (Solo and matchmaking) no matter how much you suck or do great, you still get gold, faction points, or character, or even a blueprint, so you get rewarded no matter what.