Author Topic: Ginebra's Fifth Weapon...  (Read 2619 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Ginebra's Fifth Weapon...
on: December 18, 2018, 06:24:13 PM
I can't wait until it gets here and I hope it's better than the ones that we have now for her. After Javelin was nerfed it's pretty terrible. In fact, Bogus Bogan is better than it now.

The problem with Schleuder is that it was originally OP as hell back in the day and I thought it was just a rotten cheap weapon and I tend ti stay away from those, like R&R, and opted for more fun and engaging weapons. After the nerf of Schleuder I tried it but it seemed too gimickly, like all her weapons except Javelin.

I never liked Bogan because it was garbage unless there was a wall or another person behind the target. Many situations occurred that meant you we effectively weaponless, like Short Fused, and others the angle would not be just right, again too gimicky. Maybe with the new push card?

J-Wheel. yout of all her weapons this is the most situationally dependent weapon she had. I mean very situational. It's another weak weapon that depends on walls or enemies on the sides. Maybe in a corridor it is god, but it;s too situational.

I have all of her weapons max forged and currently use Schleuder as Javelin is now garbage, just "mindless shoot at the floor in front of their feet" weapon (I don't even bother trying to take bank shots, it takes too long and more enemies spawn to quickly to sit there and try to aim a perfect bank when you can just run up and punch the enemy quicker). I don't even mind the nerf to the distance damage, that's fine. But that's ALL it had before. If you are going to nerf the distance damage what good is it really now? They should have increased the close up damage a bit to compensate for the fact that it will no longer kill or wound at a distance with one shot. The fire rate is too slow for the damage it does and the next shots are all weak anyways.

Jinebra was my main for a long time and one of my favorite characters. I am not going to say that her existing 4 weapons should change because they are all circumstantial and you can make them decent if you card them. But she seems now to be one of those characters who is a weapon card slave and can't really be anything else because her weapons suck without cards supporting them. I just hope that her next weapon will be good. I hope with her next weapon won't be so situational and I have to fire it on a full moon whilst saying the name Krampus three times and have to aim at their shadow in order to do decent damage. I hope her next weapon is a more universally applicable weapon for more situations and does medium damage, not shit damage but also not really REALLY high damage under rare circumstances AND doesn't need card support to be good.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:43:45 PM by Level9Drow »

Lehi

• View Profile
Re: Ginebra's Fifth Weapon...
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 07:25:13 PM
Dude.. walls are everywhere.. I rarely see a location without a wall within 8m range.

But I have to agree that the weapons are situational because the guns' base damages are low, and they are not good in a boss fight.
I still want more weapons for her like Mikah has.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 10:42:11 PM
That's a good point.  My guess this could be a response to A Fistful of Sand seeing as she is one of the Raiders that used to insta-kill the Protector and at one point the Protector got a minuscule shield buff.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 10:54:50 PM
Completely agree, why they would Nerf Javelin is beyond me. I use Javelin most of the time, and while it's still good against antags most of the time, it takes way too many shots at distance for things and if there is one area your damage should not be lowered it's being accurate at distance.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 03:53:34 PM
Hello guys,

As you commented, Ginebra's weapons feel situational because we want them to be equally effective, but also that you choose one or another depending on the map or the situation. Just like the characters, we promote diversity, but we are going to revise all her weapons to see what we can do.

Thank you for letting us know your concerns ;)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 08:47:38 PM
Sweet, thanks Karen