Author Topic: Game difficulty seems higher than normal when playing in a full Squad  (Read 9492 times)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Hi there!

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell your experience, this feedback provides a lot of useful information to keep improving the game!  ;)

In the first place, you are right about the difficulty in the Council Apocalypse's missions. We have noted the duration of the games is higher than usual, so we'll fix it in a future update.

Regarding the overall difficulty on Spacelords, we have seen how the players have become so skilled that we have tried to balance the missions. We have focused on the bulk of players to establish this difficulty so this is probably why it is concieved like it's too hard when having an specific MMR. For this reason, we'll focuse on different groups of players (the most skilled or the newest ones, for example) in order to adapt the difficulty in a future patch.

We want the game to be a challenge and for you to enjoy it! :D

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Hi there!

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell your experience, this feedback provides a lot of useful information to keep improving the game!  ;)

In the first place, you are right about the difficulty in the Council Apocalypse's missions. We have noted the duration of the games is higher than usual, so we'll fix it in a future update.

Regarding the overall difficulty on Spacelords, we have seen how the players have become so skilled that we have tried to balance the missions. We have focused on the bulk of players to establish this difficulty so this is probably why it is concieved like it's too hard when having an specific MMR. For this reason, we'll focuse on different groups of players (the most skilled or the newest ones, for example) in order to adapt the difficulty in a future patch.

We want the game to be a challenge and for you to enjoy it! :D

Having a challenge is great as long as the rewards are also scaled to compensate. Don't forget to reward players for doing more difficult missions, including having a better chance at a blueprint. Right now the added challenge isn't worth the effort given the reward.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
The problem is that the rewards are hard set in a aystem from .5 to 10 on a point system. So if you could get a 9 point score on a difficulty of 45% it isn't rewarding nor will you get any more on 60%. They need to make it so there is rewards that you CAN'T get at lower levels that you can ONLY get as you get higher. There has to be multiplier for difficulty levels that increase what you get from your score.

Jester278

• View Profile
Hi everyone!

This is a very intresting topic. We are currently looking into several threads in the forum discussing this issue in diferent forms. I would like to let you know that we are very thankful for your feedback and we are studing how to best tackle this topic.

Cheers!

Doesn't seem to be fixed. I played with a couple of friends in a team & got beaten to death by a mob of about 15 enemies, after getting punched to the floor in 1. This was at 34%, doesn't happen when I play with randoms.

Nemo

• View Profile
Is this still an issue with the recent patches? I've played a few games with friends at around the 60-70% difficulty range and the AI enemies weren't too unreasonable. However, I haven't really played at anything above 70% difficulty with a squad yet.

Oddly enough, I've played a few Mentor matches with randoms in solo queue, at around 40% difficulty, and the enemies there were tougher than they were when I was playing in a squad at higher difficulties.

Higher MMR doesn't really offer better rewards either, but that's another issue. 

Lehi

• View Profile
It wasn's an issue till last night to me. We 4 stack did games around 80%, and the difficulty was crazy. Before that, we did 85% (no antag), but ok.

AIs' reaction was very fast. I had to be very careful.

3 shots AR  can wound you. Each 33 damage or so.
1 shot shot gun.

Elites and Rocket Launchers were ok.

However, AIs are not tanky anymore, but the amount of damage is crazy. You need to position you well, and you need to clear AIs real quick.

In Short Fuse, you need about 5 bombs to destroy one. By the time you destroy the 1st tank, the Loaht's life is below half.

In Low Blow, 4~5 engineers appear at the same time.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:08:14 PM by Lehi »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Thanks for the warning. Keeping that MMR low.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Short Fuse's new bomb-to-tank ratio is terrible. It took you 5 bombs per tank? That's completely unreasonable based on current mission flow. IT would make sense if Loaht tossed out several bombs at once and you could try to carry several, but that would also increase danger as there are less raiders ready to pound the wardog spawns.

I feel the game is super easy into the high MMR's as raider. I got toabout 75% before I started dropping because antag that high is still terrible. Antagging at 55% sucks too but at least my queue is really short and active. I'd rather queue for 2 minutes and lose rather than queue 10 minutes and lose, right?

Placelord

• View Profile
Over the course of the last week the difficulty has been consistently absurd. I've had two separate squads ragequit due to sudden week long losing steaks. The common ad fire was downing a skilled lv 120 in 2 hits. While we were also getting swarmed. Between this and my issues with ad spawns on antag matches being too easy; it's clear the algorithm for calculating difficulty needs work.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:25:43 PM by Placelord »

Lehi

• View Profile
It's sad, but as Antag, I usually wait for 10 mins and lose... Simply, gid gud, though...

As of last night, at 60 difficulty with 4 stacks,

3 bombs for each tank and 6 x 4 Extractor in Short Fuse.

3~4 engineers constantly appear in Low Blow (It may take forever to reach the next phase..)

Weapon from the past: Adds become problem in the 1st phase if you do not take down the Drone fast. Luckily, Drone was not that tough. The rest seems ok, just watch for adds when the sphere's charge reaches max of  each segment.

Hades AI become tanky (4 punches and 300~400 in shots) and hit you hard in Hanging by a Thread, but that was ok range. Engineers are pain in the ass at the final phase.

You may need Harec in Enemy within. I find Shae, Doldren, and most of 6th's members have hard time clearing demons when being chased by demons.

In the 2nd Watch Dog campaign map (ugly brains) was OK. I better have Shae in the team since Valeria's whip is not strong enough.

Double Agent was ok except Hades AI. Just clear them fast.

Overall, difficulty 60 is still ok with teammates, but I have difficulty raising my MMR to reach 70+ at this point. Also, there is no point raising MMR.

In soloQ, I rarely match at difficulty around 60, so I cannot do comparison yet. (Mostly I match with 2~3 newbies after 5~10 minutes. MSE tells me to carry them, but I'm ok with it.)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Hi there,

Regarding the Short Fuse ratio, we have tweaked the difficulty so it doesn't affect both the tank's life and the bombs you need to destroy them.