Author Topic: Hans's business  (Read 3519 times)

pululon

• View Profile
Hans's business
on: December 04, 2018, 12:04:02 PM
Can we have a mission about that? :P
Harec helping Hans in whatever he needs to do.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Hans's business
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:43:28 PM
Yea, I've been wondering this for a long time. Also, we don't see Hans in any of the cut scenes after this.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 12:10:51 AM
Hans's Kitchen mini game on iOS lol

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 01:08:11 AM
"Do you guys not have phones?"

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 03:02:48 AM

I believe it is more to show that the Raiders are people with lives that continue on the Broken Planet outside of the missions. Hans has been fucked up by life more than once. The last fucking left him dishonored and without a home.

He is an old dog, he doesn't learn new tricks. Likely the only reason he is at Shamash's Chapel with the rest of the Raiders is because he needed a quick place to hide from enemy factions, not because he intended to wage a war with Harec. Harec's quick dismissal of Hans' abrupt declaration suggests that Harec and Hans have already discussed his leaving.

Probably Harec isn't thrilled about a human leaving with knowledge of his hideout and years ago would have killed Hans right then and there. Hans really has no allies left and Harec would know this, so they both know they will deal with each other in the future.

As such, I don't think a mission showing Hans vainly trying to find some shelter only to be turned-out by enemy factions would be very fun. Certainly it would be insightful, but I don't think it would matter very much. We can easily assume that he failed and returned to Harec's side.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:13:37 AM by PohtHehd »

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 04:18:43 AM

I believe it is more to show that the Raiders are people with lives that continue on the Broken Planet outside of the missions. Hans has been fucked up by life more than once. The last fucking left him dishonored and without a home.

He is an old dog, he doesn't learn new tricks. Likely the only reason he is at Shamash's Chapel with the rest of the Raiders is because he needed a quick place to hide from enemy factions, not because he intended to wage a war with Harec. Harec's quick dismissal of Hans' abrupt declaration suggests that Harec and Hans have already discussed his leaving.

Probably Harec isn't thrilled about a human leaving with knowledge of his hideout and years ago would have killed Hans right then and there. Hans really has no allies left and Harec would know this, so they both know they will deal with each other in the future.

As such, I don't think a mission showing Hans vainly trying to find some shelter only to be turned-out by enemy factions would be very fun. Certainly it would be insightful, but I don't think it would matter very much. We can easily assume that he failed and returned to Harec's side.
we could get a mission where hanz is an npc and we help him out further down this timeline

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 09:53:41 AM
Let me quote myself:

"The plot is deliberatedly not explicit in many ways...
Someone in the studio once told me Spacelords' lore should feel like entering your dad's basement and finding some old, discontinued comic books. Since some of the books are missing, you're invited to imagine what happened in between them.
The new lore injected in the game should feel more like discovering a new comic book in the series, pushing the story forward, instead of someone validating/rejecting the theories you already created while reading the previous ones."

I guess we could say Hans's business is one of those missing books in the collection. ;)

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 07:19:32 PM
Let me quote myself:

"The plot is deliberatedly not explicit in many ways...
Someone in the studio once told me Spacelords' lore should feel like entering your dad's basement and finding some old, discontinued comic books. Since some of the books are missing, you're invited to imagine what happened in between them.
The new lore injected in the game should feel more like discovering a new comic book in the series, pushing the story forward, instead of someone validating/rejecting the theories you already created while reading the previous ones."

I guess we could say Hans's business is one of those missing books in the collection. ;)

I still love this explanation. Beautiful analogy.