Author Topic: Private Matches/Games  (Read 20460 times)

Soul Devour

• View Profile
Private Matches/Games
on: September 24, 2017, 01:28:04 AM
I, personally, love your game! Just seeing it for the first time months ago just as a teaser had be intrigued, and playing the beta was bunches of fun. This game has my attention and I'm getting all the campaigns once they come out. Just the matchmaking takes extremely long. Longer than necessary. I know you get messages about this all day, but this isn't about the matchmaking per-say. This is about adding in a Private match where you can have 2-5 players with or without an antagonist, but you can play with a group of friends alone if you wish. I'm trying to play with my best friend this game but we have to sit there for a good 20-30 minutes to find that game, that then either fails because of a AFK person, or just the annoyingly long wait. I'm loving your game, but to have the choice to have two or 4 player of friends in a private match would be great. Something to do while you guys work on the matchmaking.

Thank you for reading this message if you do,
One of your loyal fans

Aiir

• View Profile
Re: Private Matches/Games
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:55:35 PM
Yep I'm having the same issue wish I could just start with my friend and not need to find other people

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 04:40:27 PM
Hello,

We understand what you are proposing. Raiders of the Broken Planet is, in its core, a 4v1 game, and the game is balanced around that concept. Touching that up would mean a total overhaul of the game.

We have had more feedback on this regard, and it's something we'll definitely consider, but please understand that to undergo a change of this magnitude, if we decide to go that way, would take significant time to implement.

Thanks!

Rhynerd

• Raider as of 6/10, if that means anything.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:35:03 AM
Out of curiosity, what would be the estimated time for that? I imagine there would be a rehaul on the netcode required or something, but how long does that usually take? Months? Years?

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 02:40:38 PM
It's difficult to estimate a time frame for such a significant change, as the whole game (missions and reward system) would need rebalancing. We are not speaking about years, but probably more than a couple of months.

That's, of course, if the team decides to implement this change.
Thanks for your feedback!

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 07:55:17 PM
It's difficult to estimate a time frame for such a significant change, as the whole game (missions and reward system) would need rebalancing. We are not speaking about years, but probably more than a couple of months.

That's, of course, if the team decides to implement this change.
Thanks for your feedback!

Why not just add a mode rather than affect the modes that are present? As the topic creator stated, people really just want to play the game and that doesn't mean it has to be the 4 vs 1 you all intended. With a new mode you could create something simpler perhaps that lacks the structure of the 4 vs 1 and perhaps has a lesser reward as a result. I mean this doesn't have to be an argument of one thing instead of another as many games have offered multiple modes with multiple choices on player counts and it seems from your own admission 2 player co-op 'is' in high enough demand. Either way I'll do my best to enjoy the game it's just a shame when a design choice is so terribly rigid.