Author Topic: Radar in spacelords...  (Read 6757 times)

Placelord

• View Profile
Re: Radar in spacelords...
Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 01:54:15 AM
I hadn't intended on insulting the dev. I like the update. I was legitimately looking forward to guilds. A good amount of the criticisms that were in my original reply are improved. I'm honestly not trying to troll, I'd just like to see this game get stronger. For everyone's good.

The reason I put money down on this game is because it's a shooter where getting along leads to better success. That's rare, to me. I just had a few ideas on how to lean into that niche. Everyone has a better experience if they are all on the same page.

I'm really not sure why suggesting a compass and less downtime is so controversial.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:02:20 AM by Placelord »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 02:06:51 AM
Lets just chill guys, no need to take each others head off.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 05:22:37 AM
I do not know what exactly he meant by "compass", but I imagine he means this:

So you can tell your teammates, for example, "watch the north bridge, I saw Antag spawn" (say, at Fistful sand, raider's spawn is the south)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:37:50 AM by Lehi »

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 05:32:10 AM
Pretty much, yeah. Ideally with numbers too.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 09:21:09 AM
I'm not saying having a compass wouldn't make it easier to pinpoint the location of an Antagonist. My point is that it will make TOO easy to pinpoint the location of the Antagonist.

Consider that a compass was probably once part of the Raid-ar. Consider the Raid-ar's stark presentation. They opted for us to have something delineating enemy presence and yet there are no indicators of cardinal directions. Why is this the case? Because it makes it TOO easy to fight someone. It gives too much advantage to whichever side can utilize the compass the most and that is the side with the most human players, the Raiders.

Placelord, you are thinking like a player who wants an advantage not a game developer trying to create a balanced system. Again, I see that as nonsense.

Also, this is hardly controversial. Stop acting like it is some big deal that you necro-posted an almost dead thread about a subject no one really cares about. And if you continue to ignore my feedback and act like a victim cause it isn't what you wanted to read then I too will not bother anymore with you.

As it stands, I am the only person to give you detailed feedback about your ideas and you have been nothing but a child about it.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 05:25:17 PM
That makes sense. It wouldn't benefit the antag at all. Whereas the radar would theoretically assist the antag as well as the raiders. Really i'd just prefer some objective frame of reference to assist on spacial communication.

Maybe I should work on some maps that label sectors with letters. Since it's not just spotting the antag that makes me want this, but making it feasable to coordinate more quickly.