Author Topic: Antagonist waiting times  (Read 19661 times)

Femmison

• View Profile
Antagonist waiting times
on: September 16, 2017, 12:28:51 AM
I don't know why but ever seen downloading the beta on ps4 the matchmaking to be an antagonist takes so long and so I'm sat there for half an hour waiting for a game, should really be shortened.

tribas

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist waiting times
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 06:54:32 PM
Same on PC/Steam , 30-45 mins waiting time on Antagonist , instant -3 mins waiting times as raider  , you guys messed something up in the game code or something this didn't happen in other betas the game had with less players , it doesn't make any sense.

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 04:14:36 PM
Antagonist waiting times are a matter of offer and demand. Because we're in an open beta right now, population is distributing in very excepctional ways. As tribas has pointed out, this was not such a big issue in the closed betas.

When the game comes out, there will be different incentives for playing as a raider and as the antagonist, we'll be watching closely as the actual game population stabilizes.

Pixelretter

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 09:48:21 PM
This does not make sense. I immediately find games as Raider with no Antagonist, but when I search for a game as Antagonist I wait for ages.

tribas

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 10:54:32 PM
I don't know how much sense it actually makes since half the games i join don't have antagonists and i played like 8 hours yesterday, so yeah there is demand for Antagonists but it's not working for some reason.

Btw in those 8 hours i have only played as Antagonist 4 times ... and with those 4 times im ranked around #10 on the Antagonist board(  i always queue Antagonist/raider at the same time) not many people are playing antagonist , you can actually count them in the ranking , theres alot of demand it's just not working like it should.

What i think it's not working is the system priority , if you are queue'ing both Ant/raider it should always prefere you as Antagonist , the odd thing is that raiders will pop faster and half the time there is no Antagonist while i was queue'ed Antagonist too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:58:56 PM by tribas »

Pixelretter

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 11:04:42 PM
The reason that there are not many Antagonists is, because they can't find any games.
Community Management lying about offer and demand to hide their mistakes in Matchmaking is not a good start. Congrats for that.

tribas

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 12:23:04 AM
The reason that there are not many Antagonists is, because they can't find any games.
Community Management lying about offer and demand to hide their mistakes in Matchmaking is not a good start. Congrats for that.
that's a little too much buddy .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:25:04 AM by tribas »