Author Topic: Now how about fixing Konstantin for PvP  (Read 4360 times)

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
Now how about fixing Konstantin for PvP
on: July 30, 2017, 06:09:38 PM
Seriously I've only been mad at noobs up until now, never against the game. But I'm just out of a game vs AnimaProjetStudio playing Konstantin. Btw Anima, great job over exploiting to win, be proud dude you completely earn your champion title...

Seriously, being able to activate the shield last second before being down, and killing every single character in 1s-2s tops, and the fire rate completely prevents you from moving... How is that fun ? To be fair, my mates were pretty stupid, never shooting him in the shield to prevent his regeneration, and never dodgin standard melee, and the host made us have 300 ping, but still. The fact he has so much survivability WITH so much DPS is too much for PvP

Drozas

• View Profile
Re: Now how about fixing Konstantin for PvP
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:18:01 PM
I played vs the same guy, really frustrating experience.

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 06:47:53 PM
You explain a sour experience, but you yourself say that the teammates were unexperienced and the lag was also bad. I don't know how you want balance on this particular situation. This guy is on the top of the leaderboard for a reason. (That reason is mostly PUGs and noobs not playing to their strengths and shutting him down)
Even if he cheeses, one rarely outplays four.

BTW, did you not have a Harec to keep him under control?

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 07:01:42 PM
Oh we had, except he almost never used his body projection skill, and only once to try to take down Konstantin. And on multiple occasions he could have finished him with an uncharged headshot after one of my downs, but never did.

Actually most of Harec's death were at the hand of Konstantin's MELEE. Tells you a lot about the skill of the Harec =/

But yeah PUGs are just awful. That's why I'm trying to convince 2 of my friends to join the beta too, cause I don't want PUGs xD How many times do I lose a mission because half of the team don't understand the melee triangle, aleph "steal" and objectives...

I maintain missions should be at least played once in solo before being attempted in MP at the very least. This way people will at least know what to do. It's not liek it's a big deal, it's a game about replaying the same missions over and over anyway, so one little time forced in solo is not the much a big deal. Or have a more extensive tutorial that explains all types of objectives and the melee triangle. Either way I'd be fine.

Back on topic, if I factor out my rage, factor in my PUGs and the ping, I think Konstantin has a BIT too much survivability. I think the best way to fix this without breaking the game is as follow :
If Konstantin deploys his shield right before being downed, the shield shoud have its size reduced by 50% when Konstantin is downed (and back to 100% if he heals before the shield disappears.

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 01:22:17 AM
Antagonist Mode is going to be really tricky to balance, I bet. A lot of matches are just going to turn into scum-a-thons.

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 08:35:40 AM
Everything he can pick, you can pick also.
Everything he can do, you can do also.

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 05:34:16 AM
I dunno I fought the same person multiple times and it really didn't feel as difficult as you describe.

He's tanky and you can't just melee Kon due to his ability, but you can move his shield out of the way by shooting the center black ball thing. His main weakness is being slow and basically being a slow moving target while shooting, same as Heavy in TF2. But if no one on the team is shooting him then yes it can be difficult. Fighting him is mostly hit and run since 1v1 he'll out-DPS you almost every time.

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 11:28:37 PM
I dunno I fought the same person multiple times and it really didn't feel as difficult as you describe.

He's tanky and you can't just melee Kon due to his ability, but you can move his shield out of the way by shooting the center black ball thing. His main weakness is being slow and basically being a slow moving target while shooting, same as Heavy in TF2. But if no one on the team is shooting him then yes it can be difficult. Fighting him is mostly hit and run since 1v1 he'll out-DPS you almost every time.

He can get an ability that makes it impossible to move his graviation field, and another one that auto-deploys it when he drops to 0 HP. Combining these can be really obnoxious if said Antagonist player goes in with intention to not FIGHT the Raider players, but rather to just prevent them from winning.

This gives me an idea, though - a special Antagonist deck that the Antagonist player uses instead of their normal character and faction decks. Having all of the "troll builds" draw from the same pool would make Antagonists much easier to balance than if the tools for said hyper-trolling were spread out among every character, especially if this game aspires to have a large cast.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:31:12 PM by JeedyJay »

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 06:15:31 AM
Okay after this weekend Kon as Antagonist is just another character. He's really not that strong as he can't move. A good Harec will destroy him, and a team that knows he's there and fires will end him.  The situation in the OP is a limited one and really doesn't describe the average experience fighting a Kon. Any good Antagonist will downright demolish a team made of mostly newbies anyway.