Author Topic: My feedback  (Read 3328 times)

george_sears

• View Profile
My feedback
on: July 30, 2017, 04:37:25 PM
Hello, played some beta and i'd like to share some of my suggestions:

1) i think game needs some kind of training grounds, because there is no other way to try a raider exept playing the chapter with him
2) same goes for weapons, i'd like to try them out before buying
3) lack of variety while playing a character: most of my experience been solo play, due to some problems with matchmaking, but i can imagine same problem might be in multiplayer - Raiders don't have enough tools to be a bit more universal in solo. For example Alicia can't do anything on far distances while Konstantine is too slow to catch up in missions that needs grabbing an enemy to gain power resources for overcharging reactor or else. Same goes for Lucus - 3 shots in default gun, 2 shot kill a regular enemy - almost the same as Alicia's shotgun, which has double ammo and higher rate of fire.
Raiders needs some kind of additional ability or secondary weapon or fire mode to a) make em more diverse in combat
b) make gameplay more entertaining
Trying to grab snipers as Lucus while trying to kill other enemy troops was really frustrating and boring
4) World developing. If i haven't read comics on site i wouldn't care about characters and game (tbh i do not care too much, but i really like art style in your recent games), Game lacks of some kind of Hub location, you show it's parts in cinematics and cutscenes, but it's not enough. Also if not for some cutscenes i wouldn't even knew the name of the pilot- Connor. Models are pretty, some characters are interesting, other-not (Harec is super boring for example, i don't even care about the guy who said it's his last one mission with him because i saw him only in that cutscene)
5) there is no enemy library or smth like that. I understand that you have 3 archetypes of enemies: snipers, assault team and tough grabbers, plus weak scientists and specials for each faction. It would be better that they had some kind of codex page IN GAME with models preview for example
6) no way to change character mid session: i understand there are technical and balance issues behind that, but if in solo i took char which is not suited for task i have to restart the session and try again. you can add this feature with some penalties, for example it migth put whole team in survive mode or smth like that.
7) locations: all missions so far are in some kind of industrial exteriors, no interiors whatsoever. I believe that in that world there might be caves, laboratories, anything else but ships and temple's exteriors
8) lack of countergrabbing- Konstantine has to kill enemy before grab, because he has most trouble to evade it, or imagine that you have engaged enemy in CQC and he grabbed you mid your punch animation- YOU'RE DEAD, grab is too op, that's not the problem. Problem is lack if counter to that if it's happened

That's all for now, i hope next beta session gonna be better))

p.s. i really love the art and design, that's what keeping me here, I loved C:LoS 1, and hated the half of C:LoS 2, but both of them had one of the beautifullest art directions i've seen in games of those times (exept modern days in C:LoS 2),
p.s.s. Russian localization is okayish but some stuff added in recent patches is still in english/castellano. Also you may find more appeal from gamers if you localize voice-overs as well

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
Re: My feedback
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:15:17 PM
Isn't the pilot named Cortez?

george_sears

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:42:16 PM

See, it's not clear for me, cause i heard it once and remembered it wrong))))
Haha, sorry

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 08:19:06 PM
See, it's not clear for me, cause i heard it once and remembered it wrong))))
Haha, sorry
All the more true it is. xD
I really wish this game had some proper introduction to the world, I love the comics, they are very well done, but they are not enough and too external for the majority to find it.

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 02:17:01 AM
Lycus's handcannon does a lot more damage than Alicia's shotgun on optimal, point-blank shots. I've had it do as much as 140, and I only have the base model. It goes with his extremely get-in-their-faces style.

I still prefer playing as Alicia, though, because of her amazing mobility. Parkour shotgunning is just too much fun.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 06:53:02 PM
Hi george_sears! Thanks for your feedback and suggestions, I send it to the design team!