Author Topic: Antagonist  (Read 2615 times)

VNDL_Kapper

• View Profile
Antagonist
on: July 16, 2017, 04:07:27 PM
Is god awful. I expected some sort of advantage, some cool order abilities for the AI on my team, maybe earning a currency per kill and upgrading my incoming units... anything really.. I just felt like it was a 4v1 with bots on my team and got stomped / spawn camped after waiting almost 30 minutes to get a game. I'm not ranting, I expect these things from betas, but in its current state I wont be playing anymore because I found the best thing about the game to be its interface and menu, which is very nice looking. Other than that, gameplay was a drag, and I forced myself through one game of each mission just to give it a chance. I learned the upgrade system, it's cool, but with gameplay so bland I'm just not interested..

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 04:26:31 PM
By gameplay so bland do you speak only of the Antagonist ?

Plus the antagonist DOES have acurrency, the stigmas, afaik they don't unlock anything yet, but I guess they will later on ;)

But yeah the standard gameplay isn't bland at all however. It's one of the most cynamic coop shooter in years. If succeeded in bringing me what KF2 failed to do, tension and fun in a cooperative environment ! It's probably one of the best coop shooter in a very very long time !

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 05:56:34 PM
Is god awful. I expected some sort of advantage, some cool order abilities for the AI on my team, maybe earning a currency per kill and upgrading my incoming units... anything really.. I just felt like it was a 4v1 with bots on my team and got stomped / spawn camped after waiting almost 30 minutes to get a game. I'm not ranting, I expect these things from betas, but in its current state I wont be playing anymore because I found the best thing about the game to be its interface and menu, which is very nice looking. Other than that, gameplay was a drag, and I forced myself through one game of each mission just to give it a chance. I learned the upgrade system, it's cool, but with gameplay so bland I'm just not interested..

IME, you don't need an advantadge. Maybe AI orders would be nice, but I guess that will be  complicated at this stage of the game to implement.

if you can get the raiders focused on you and get them swarmed by the minions, then it's much more easier to win, the minions keep interrupting their grapples and molesting them, making it easier for you and the AI to beat them.

if you play in slow pace then it will be much harder to win. IMO, you need to keep pushing, even if you die.

There was a point in the last betas when most antagonist were winning games, now it's the opposite, most raiders win games. They never added or removed any abilities to the antagonists.

They only need to keep tweaking each mission separately when an antagonist is playing to get more even results.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:01:10 PM by Ebisu_rkz »