Author Topic: The future of the game  (Read 18343 times)

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
The future of the game
on: July 16, 2017, 03:35:23 AM
Hi everyone,

So I've noticd a currency we can't get yet, the Mercury points. My question is, is that a premium currency ONLY buyable with real money ?

If so, what will be exclusively limited to Mercury points ? Skins, or maybe additional characters ?

Also the mission screen states 2017 season. So far we can assume this means there will be a new season of story every years as long as the game is active. However will these be paid ? (considering the ticket currency my guess would be that, unless missions need to be unlocked later, which would make sense considering it's a story with an order ; a beginning and an end)

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Re: The future of the game
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:19:07 PM
So I've noticd a currency we can't get yet, the Mercury points. My question is, is that a premium currency ONLY buyable with real money ?
Welcome.
AFAIK yes, Mercury points are only obtainable with real money.
If so, what will be exclusively limited to Mercury points ? Skins, or maybe additional characters ?
Skins mainly, but you can unlock characters with it as well if you so desire. Characters are also unlockable with gold, which is the in-game currency you can earn by playing.
Also the mission screen states 2017 season. So far we can assume this means there will be a new season of story every years as long as the game is active. However will these be paid ? (considering the ticket currency my guess would be that, unless missions need to be unlocked later, which would make sense considering it's a story with an order ; a beginning and an end)
Yes, new seasons will be paid.
(I'm not exactly sure if campaigns can be bought separately or not).

However, the ticket system is such, that if you own a campaign and buy a ticket, you can send it to your buddy who owns the game, but doesn't own that particular campaign, and it let's him/her join you on a mission once.

Zenatsu

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 01:52:44 AM
Having a million dlcs for each new mission will kill this game pretty fast.. Hope they wont go that way.

rafa

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 06:44:44 AM
hope they dont put pay dlc. if they put the game will die

IceRevolver

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 11:43:26 AM
I'm not sure which direction they are going to go but I am enjoying the beta thus far and hope. We can only wait and see now.

Rhynerd

• Raider as of 6/10, if that means anything.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 10:47:49 PM
It seems like the plan is sort of episodic: $10 or so will give you one campaign (alien myths at first) and access to the raiders involved in it.
After that, you can spend additional money on character skins and other things.