Author Topic: Harec weapons  (Read 6064 times)

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Harec weapons
on: July 15, 2017, 05:19:03 PM
I like the lottery system and the blueprint hunt. Different mechanics for different weapons and all that.

My only problem is the fact that some weapons are underperforming for what I would expect of them.

I have all weapons of Harec and Hans, most weapons of others characters.

Hans in my opinion is well designed, a default weapon and an obvious upgrade with the new ones, maybe the USU is too OP for PvP IMO.

Harec, IME, is the opposite. I have all weapons, but the weapon that works better for me is the first one, and that is a little disappointing when you try them becuase I was hyped when I got the weapons.

- Aura mortis: the only one that I had some succes, but it take so long to charge. I understand that it does not increase your aleph, but as Harec I am most of the time hidden, so no problem for me when I am visible little time IME.

- Ignis fugit: that weapon lacks damage IMO.

- Vindicta Anima: Nice charge time, good enough damage to one-shot (That is why that weapon trump Aura mortis IMO, no need to do an overkill and faster than Aura mortis).

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Re: Harec weapons
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 04:31:02 PM
Thanks Ebisu_rkz! This is an interesting discussion, we really would like to know what is thinking more people.

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 05:37:20 PM
The Ignis is my favorite by far. I basically call it the quickscope rifle as it's speed helps alot for quickly getting shots off. It stands out heavily if you're using a more offensive playstyle. A headshot with the 2x damage does enough to kill most players.

Rhynerd

• Raider as of 6/10, if that means anything.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 08:32:46 PM
I'm quite fine with the Ignis. The damage is still enough to kill most enemies with a headshot, and the fast charge time works well with the amount of time it takes me to line up a shot.

That being said, I do still use the Vindicta when playing "In Shock." The Beholder's Vitals don't really count as a head, so the 3x damage boost is a useful alternative. Also, I may need to double-check the effective of the Ignis on Fifth Council body armor, but I don't remember it being enough to rely on.

I haven't gotten the Aura yet.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:00:38 PM
Seeing the answers I will try Ignis again and report back, but I am not sure that it is that good. Vindictus already had some problems to one-shot (kill, not wounded) some players so I still have my doubts, bu I will try again.

Last beta I tried more the aura mortis, and charging the weapon before shooting can work because you never lose your bonus no matter the time you keep your weapon charged. Although I am not sure that this weapon was suposed to be used like this. There is an obvious lack of mobility playing like this.

I would like to know what cards the people are using with Harec. I use the one that give more damage bonus if you are X seconds without shooting, the other one I don't remember.

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 02:10:29 PM
I tend to select a different setup based on what level I'm playing and which characters are in my team.

Harec is very stealthy, as Ebisu_rkz says, but when you shoot with Vindicta Anima your stress increases and you are exposed. While this might not seem like an issue, the AI can pick on you or even the Antagonist/Raider can spot you after a shot. I tend to default to it when I'm not sure what to select.

Aura Mortis won't expose you on shoot, which is great, but in turn it takes longer to charge than Vindicta Anima. It also has a higher max charge and it doesn't decay after it is reached, so you could stay aiming until you find the shot you're looking for. Be careful, though, as you will be missing a lot of the action around you while aiming (this applies to all of these weapons). I tend to use it when I'm playing solo or when I know my team are attracting all of the attention, as I use to be very separate from them and support them as they move or shooting down some mission objectives. The bad thing is that I run out ammo more frequently :)

Ignis Fugit is a very quick weapon compared with the others, which means you can deliver more shots in the same time span. However, it has a lower max charge and still exposes you on shoot. You don't have the same ability to one-headshot-kill everything, but it doesn't punish you as much when you fail a shot as with Aura Mortis. I'm still trying to get used to it, as I'm not a great sniper myself :D

Personally, I'd say they could be sorted based on how long range and how solitary you want to play. I'd say Ignis Fugit is a weapon that allows you to play in a shorter range because you can deliver faster shots even to players that are running to you; Vindicta Anima would be the most versatile; Aura Mortis would be the lone wolf, long range kind of weapon. But that's just my personal point of view! I'd like to know how you feel about it :)

As for the Cards... Again, I tend to adapt to the level, the team and the weapon in this case.
For Harec's Cards, I like Methodical, mainly when using Ignis Fugit, as it allows me to reload faster and deliver more shots. I tried Hieratic, Attrition, Favor and Habituation (they give you some benefits when you kill), but as I'm not a sharp shooter, I find myself performing more shots than kills :D
For the Alien cards, I'm used to Lone Hunter (I'm mostly in long range), Skill (extra reload speed) and Cautious (more damage the further away you are from the victim, specially useful with Aura Mortis for me).
I guess Concentration (more damage if you take long to shoot) works nice with Aura Mortis and Bold (more damage the closer you are to the victim) works nice with Ignis Fugit, but I haven't tested that build enough yet.

Wow, that was a long post! I hope my playstyle helps you find different setups :)
I'd want to know what builds you're testing too, so go on! :D

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 07:18:17 PM
Reporting after some games.

I had a much better experience with the Ignis fugit that I had the first time I used it. It is easily becoming my most used weapon for Harec, more damage than I though it had the first time I used it.

Reporting a bug too. Aura mortis is generating stress now. (IIRC shouldn't generate stress from last beta)

About the cards of Harec, I mostly use Concentration and Methodical. The Harec's cards are hard to use some of them or look less useful, although some of them I haven't tried them yet. Not really in love of any of them for any weapon honestly. Concentration is nice as that is more damage and it is easy to be 10s without shooting. I personally prefer damage over reload speed on a sniper.

I don't really like the others alien cards, an 8% of dmg look like a joke to me. The reload ones, I prefer more damage so I can oneshot characters with more health.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 02:23:29 AM
Reporting a bug too. Aura mortis is generating stress now. (IIRC shouldn't generate stress from last beta)

Whaaat? :o   Gotta look into that, thanks for the report! :)