Author Topic: Harec is a bad starting character  (Read 7055 times)

GotteBoh

• View Profile
Re: Harec is a bad starting character
Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 07:04:50 PM
a bad starting character?? Wait til a lvl 600 antag harec pulls up and show's you proper skills.

dont sleep on any character

They're not saying he is a bad character. They are saying he is a bad -starting- character.

Harec in the hands of someone who knows how to use him is terrifying to fight against, but when put in the hands of someone who is level 1 through 20 they general have no idea what they're doing.

I think Shae would be a better character, but as someone has pointed out it is far too late to switch them out at this point do to how the story has been made.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 07:51:10 PM
I like harek, but earning the required faction ponts with him to get Shae is bonkers. After trying for several sessions I have about 5k which is a mere fraction of what I need. I'm kind of at the point where I'm resigned to never using the locals. That's no good because I like thier plot significance and character designs.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 11:59:45 PM
a bad starting character?? Wait til a lvl 600 antag harec pulls up and show's you proper skills.

dont sleep on any character

Baby Harec - Arguably useless
Lv.600 Harec Antagonist - Not common at all.

You are likely to see the former all of the time as opposed to the latter. Harec as a starting character is very hard to utilize correctly and almost anyone starting the game will add nothing to the team by choosing him. So it's not that anyone is sleeping on Harec as a character, but when new people select him because he appears to be the "hero" it hurts the team far more than if they chose Hans or Konstantin.