Author Topic: TYPOS found on this site  (Read 2229 times)

immortanjoe

• View Profile
TYPOS found on this site
on: October 22, 2018, 07:57:17 AM
Hi there. I just wanted to give as much constructive feedback to the Mercury Steam team as I can in regards to the grammatical and punctuation errors I noticed on this site. Please feel free to add any more seen so that they can have the best site possible.

Under "Game"

Within the subsection "...And Watch your stress", it says 'One last point, If your Raider'and so forth. Right before 'if' there should be a period if a new sentence begins, or a colon otherwise.

Within the subsection "The Antagonist", 'your' is used instead of 'you're'.

Under "The World"

Within the subsection "Raiders"

In Harec's profile under "Weapon" it says 'The Aleph trace left by the shots gives away the shooter’s positions' but should say 'the Aleph trace left by the shots give away the shooter's position'.

In Iune's profile under "Story", it says 'Iune was forced to take forsake her peaceful ways'. The word 'take' should be omitted.

In Doldren's profile under "Story" it says 'Doldren is a native to the Broken Planet but, unlike Harec or Iune' although the comma is misplaced. It should go in front of 'but'.

In Dr. Kuzmann's profile under "Weapon" it says 'the lightning rifles can deal a constant amount of damage from short to mid range distances'. There should be a hyphen so that 'mid range' reads 'mid-range'.

In Hans's profile under "Skills" it says 'Probably that's how he managed to make it to his old age…' but should say 'That's probably how he managed to make it to his old age'.

In Lycus Dion's profile under "Story" it says 'The origins of this Raider are shrouded in mistery'. The word 'mystery' is simply misspelled here. Under his "Skills" section it says 'He has a variable-angle kinetic shield against enemy fire, that is recharged by running' which sounds awkward. Maybe 'he has a variable-angle kinetic shield to protect himself against enemy fire, that is recharged by running' would be better.

In Mikah's profile under "Weapon" there should be a comma after the word 'old' and 'however'. 'Black-market' should say 'black market' (no hyphen). Here it says 'The high rate of fire of these weapons is fearsome in the short to mid range but should say 'the high rate of fire of these weapons is fearsome in short to mid-range combat' (add hyphen).

In Schneider's profile under "Story" it says 'Everyone else are just trained monkeys on the verge of extinction. so hacking the Broken Planet’s ridiculous technology for the Hades Division was a piece of cake'. There should be a comma after 'extinction'. Under "Weapon" it says 'Schneider weapons of choice' but should say 'Schneider's weapons of choice'.

In Alicia's profile under "Story" it says 'a horde of Aleph fuelled subhuman abominations' and should say 'a horde of Aleph-fuelled, subhuman abominations' (add hyphen and comma). Under "Weapon" it says 'They have a severe lack of accuaracy'. The word 'accuracy' is misspelled.

In Loaht's profile under "Weapon" it says 'resulting in an lethal explosion' and should say 'resulting in a lethal explosion'.

In Rak Mayura's profile under "Weapon" it says 'The result is a really powerful if unpredictable weapon ideal for dealing with massed ranks of rivals' and should say 'The result is a really powerful, if unpredictable weapon, etc'. 

I would wager there are more in "Stages" and "Factions", but I'm sure they will be spotted by someone eventually. Anyways, cheers to your future progress Mercury Steam!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:05:24 AM by immortanjoe »

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Re: TYPOS found on this site
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 03:07:27 PM
Just remembered that the comics are another place to double-check. I saw at least one error in Shae's comic where it read: 'It get us of the way of enlightenment' and I think it is supposed to read 'It gets in the way of enlightenment'.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 01:28:20 PM
Hi immortanjoe,

Thank you very much for letting us know about these typos in such detail. Would you mind sending them to spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com? This way the team will be able to correct them at the earliest.

Thank you again! ;)

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 12:28:28 PM
Hi immortanjoe,

Thank you very much for letting us know about these typos in such detail. Would you mind sending them to spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com? This way the team will be able to correct them at the earliest.

Thank you again! ;)

No problem. I am glad to help.