Author Topic: Shae  (Read 6873 times)

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Shae
on: July 09, 2017, 05:53:49 PM
I have tried to use her as I like the model.... but fuck... I can't get used to her in any way. I have used all the other characters with a decent succes.

Special skill needs to charge to blind, if there are a lot of objects in the middle is hard to use this skill with succes, much less against an antagonist that go behind covers constantly, I could use her skill maybe 10 times in a game? compared to the other special skills that you are using them constantly....

Weapon need to charge like 2 or 3 times more than Harec only to do less damage than him. I don't know if the other weapons will fix her as I can't buy her to unlock new weapons.

I can see that she doesn't need to reload as much as Harec, but with the time she need to charge Harec end up shooting faster than Shae and doing more damage. Maybe it's only me, bu I feel like Shae is like 1 or 2 tiers behind any other character.

If someone had success using her I am open to listen some tips about her.

She is a sniper should do a lot of damage IMO, but she doesn't, in close combat she is dead, her weapon and special skill is a little useless and she has the same health as Harec.

What is supposed to be her advantage over harec? She is the character less played by far IME, maybe it's because she is bugged, although that doesn't help her tbh.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:45:16 PM by Ebisu_rkz »

Paper Dragon

• View Profile
Re: Shae
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 09:54:17 PM
From my experience she's absolute garbage. Occasionally I try her thinking that I was using her wrong or something, but she really is just bad.
Her bewitching ability is useless and her gun is flat out bad with an extremely long reload time and mechanics that don't lend themselves well to enemies that frequently move (I.E. All of them)

Janegotagun

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:44:34 AM
Shae is a beast when used correctly. I tend to hide a lot and use terrain and positioning to my advantage. For melee, I hide around a corner and wait until they are beside me. Most times though I stay at a distance unless I need ammo.

Bewitching is your friend. In Hanging I use it on all maps to control the amount of NPC's getting to my team. If someone calls for ammo, I hold back.

When aiming with Shae's gun make sure you have the small recticule on your target. You will target quicker.

As for overheat, I am always aware of it and I don't wait until the gun needs a full recharge. I do it in small bursts.

I'll admit I switched to Kon for the new map. I found it hard to bewitch with all the obstacles.  I could see after playing Breath dozens of times where I could use Shae.  I think I will be more comfortable to try her next test on this map.

One of the devs (Hi Chiki!) told me in discord that Shae gets an autobewitch card and Breath drops a weapon for her. It will be interesting to see how she plays with good cards and weapon.

Rhynerd

• Raider as of 6/10, if that means anything.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:01:18 AM
One of the devs (Hi Chiki!) told me in discord that Shae gets an autobewitch card and Breath drops a weapon for her. It will be interesting to see how she plays with good cards and weapon.
And when I read the description to the weapon available in Breath of Hope, the Focus Kaa7, it sounded like it would target much faster than the default.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:02:41 AM
I have used Shae successfully when playing as an Antagonist, Whenever I bewitch the Raiders team they go crazy for a while, opening windows of opportunity for me to do some evil.

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 11:36:47 AM
I love Shae, so I guess I'm being biased here =)

She's a local, like Harec, so that means they've got the same traits (low health, high stealthiness, high risk melee).
She's also a sniper, but I find her more suitable for my playstyle than Harec: you don't have to be super precise with her aiming, just keep the target in the center of the crosshair to maximize aiming speed and damage. Oh, and long range also helps aiming faster than short range!

As for the Bewitching, I find it super useful when you've got a Lycus running to you with his Shield on (countering your shots) so you can escape and even grapple him while bewitched. Remember that Bewitching loads quicker the more targets you have in the crosshair, so it's better to cover as many enemies as you can and then fire it. That also helps when you're a Raider: you don't need to only aim to the Antagonist, make use of the AI to fasten the load! It also makes grappling super easy, so recovering ammo usually is a no-brainer. Beware, though, the enemies that aren't bewitched can still see you!

Focus Kaa7 is a weapon that behaves much like the original but doesn't need to focus on a target. Instead, its damage and fire rate are affected by how close to the center the target is. That also means more frequent reloads, so you need to time your shots right.

Long live Shae!

Zenatsu

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 01:25:17 PM
She's only good as an Antag... Blind everyone for 20s and meele them without any resistance. For coop totally useless.

RELLIK

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 01:09:21 AM
Been trying to use her effectively, but the damn target highlighted switches every couple seconds on groups, the inner reticle is incredibly small, and it STILL takes a good time to charge. Sure some cards do sound rather powerful. Such as charm all opponents in 17M and infinite ammo.
However, having a vanilla Shae ally right now is a HUGE hindrence, especially if an antagonist pops in your queue. Shes definitely at the bottom.

Janegotagun

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 05:43:12 PM
Been trying to use her effectively, but the damn target highlighted switches every couple seconds on groups, the inner reticle is incredibly small, and it STILL takes a good time to charge. Sure some cards do sound rather powerful. Such as charm all opponents in 17M and infinite ammo.
However, having a vanilla Shae ally right now is a HUGE hindrence, especially if an antagonist pops in your queue. Shes definitely at the bottom.

I disagree 100% with the exception of Breath as I have yet to use Shae there. Shae is a beast in Hanging if played right.

I think this is a case of; there are some players who play some raiders better than others.

Anderson_JAG

• View Profile
    • Anderson_JAG YouTube Chann.
Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 02:11:20 AM
Another one who also likes Shae here.

She offers a different kind of gameplay, one in which anticipation is the key. You must think ahead of the enemy.

-You have to arrive to that corner before the enemy does, and stay hidden behind so that when it passes on... grapple and kill!.

-You have to fly away an enemy that is punching you because you don't have much hit ponts, hide before some cover and wait until it loses your sight (you, the triangle gests yellow again). Now is your turn!.

- You have to reach a priviledged location where you can stay covered before the enemy arrives and bewitch a large amount of enemies; then, kill'em one by one.

With Shae everything is anticipation. Stay on the right place, and don't get much into a first line battefield, nor a cockfight.

In any case, what I miss about Shae is that she had to be even faster than she actually is while moving/running, and she had to reach a bit more distance when she does some acrobats. In that way she could wander on two locations in a quicker way, and looking for cover easier, too.

P.D. Now that Wardogs and Hades snipers are equipped with a secondary weapon, perhaps Harec and Shae should own one as well.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:17:52 AM by Anderson_JAG »

PrincesaConsuela

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 03:15:20 PM
I'm deeply in LOVE with Shae.

I think people doesn't really understand the gameplay of Shae. She is about sneaking and securing objectives.

If I'm against an antagonist, my job as Shae is to find them and take them down. It's so easy if you use her power.

And I love her Nun Custodia skin. ;D