Author Topic: Solo gameplay and the AI system needs to be overhauled.  (Read 4467 times)

TheSilkiest

• View Profile
Seeing as I couldn't get any takers for the newest mission added to the beta, I decided to try and progress through it Solo.  I know, my experience is only anecdotal and doesn't apply to the rest of the game but I really feel the AI aggro system really makes pushing towards objectives a greater pain than it needs to be.  Constant swarming of enemies with shotguns that do ridiculous damage, and they never stop spawning no matter how many you take down.  I feel as if you have to play someone like Konstantin or Lychus to even survive solo gameplay. 

How do you all feel about the AI and how it operates in Solo?  If you agree with me, what are some of the fixes that you think the team can go for?  If not, what do you suggest that I should do to my character picks/loaduouts?

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Re: Solo gameplay and the AI system needs to be overhauled.
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 12:15:07 AM
I like the difficulty, It's not that hard but not super easy.

What I would like to see is for the footsteps to make more noise, it's really easy to be ambushed from behind by some monsters. Some games have a higher sound and IMO it was a nice feature, really helpful. In this game is hard to listen to the footsteps.

For the OP, try to hold the shooting button if you are not doing it already, some weapons have a better performance like this IMO, for me it was something that I had to adapt as some shooters I played were different in that regard.

Zenatsu

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:57:00 PM
Only stealth is viable while playing solo..which means 2 classes right now. Everything else is just junk for solo.

That last guardian is total BS on solo him + 5 adds at all times just makes it near impossible. My game crashed when it was 10% hp after almost 1.5h of fighting them.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 08:05:22 PM
Alicia and Hans are pretty easy to solo, great mobility and dmg.

The key to solo the guardian is to kill the minions first, then it's pretty easy. At least inmy experience.

I haven't tried to solo that misson with any snipers, but both Alicia and Hans are really easy to solo.

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 12:32:46 PM
Only stealth is viable while playing solo..which means 2 classes right now. Everything else is just junk for solo.

That last guardian is total BS on solo him + 5 adds at all times just makes it near impossible. My game crashed when it was 10% hp after almost 1.5h of fighting them.
Could you elaborate? I solo that mission with Lycus who has short range and has to be in the thick of it to do some work.

If anyone Shae has a hard time on that mission because of how her weapon works, although I only played her in multiplayer on that particular mission, so I can't say for sure how hard it is to kill guardians with her in solo.

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 03:45:41 PM
I sincerely think solo should stay the way it is, with a couple of recommended characters for each mission. For example "In Shock" is almost impossible in solo with Lychus or Konstantin ;) However once you get the hang of it, it's a walk in the park with Harec !

Hans is not that bad for this mission actually ! I did it on my second try of that mission with him. So, not a bad compromise IMO.

NoleXiii

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 06:51:15 PM
Hey, I had the same tough experience. It's like it was meant to be played in co-op. I had to go with Konstantin in the rest of the missions because of his kit. Couldn't go far with the rest of the Raiders. cheers

Zenatsu

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 01:30:03 AM

Could you elaborate? I solo that mission with Lycus who has short range and has to be in the thick of it to do some work.

If anyone Shae has a hard time on that mission because of how her weapon works, although I only played her in multiplayer on that particular mission, so I can't say for sure how hard it is to kill guardians with her in solo.

Ok after a bit of more solo i just figured that some classes suck for certian solo maps.. Alice/Hans are great for the mission 1 and 3 while stealth/range works much better for mission 2 (in shock)

Now it's might be possible to play with all raiders depanding on the weapon choice but i dont have most so i cant test that yet. but with defualt weapons what i said above works pretty well.