Author Topic: bring back offline mode, is it possible for a 4 vs 4 deathmatch mode  (Read 13731 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
PvP is just a one shot fest idk how anyone can enjoy that but whatever. And I was probably the lv 300 I don't really care about being exposed online tbh so feel free to do so.
Yeah...it can feel like a "one shot fest" at times, but it really does keep you on your toes and makes you approach the game differently. I'm neutral on the antag system really, but the chance of invasion keeps the game from being too stale, I'm okay with it.

And no, it wasn't you. Didn't you say you always offer surrender first? That I don't actually mind, but his guy just outright disconnected SMH...
It doesn't "feel" like it, that's exactly what it is. You can't have a seriously balanced pvp when you have weapons and cards with 100-200%+ damage buffs. Sure you can get better as a raider/antag but at the end of the day if you get hit by a random crit no amount of skill is going to save you. This game has many easy kill methods/exploits and lag/latency issues from peer to peer can make cqc into a complete joke. It's just going to keep getting worst and worst the more weapons and cards we get.  Just make this mess optional so those of us that don't care for this game mode won't have to deal with it anymore.

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Hi everyone!

Our intention when we created this new system was being honest with the player. We want to first show him or her the nature of Spacelords. That means cooperate together using all your resources to complete a mission and defeating the Antagonist.

Once the player understands the mechanics, he/she can enjoy the training mode and practice to improve his/her stats. I know we have said this many times, but the core of Spacelords is the Antagonist feature and we would love for all the players to experience it, at least once.

Sorry Karen (and Herman) but no.  This is an inaccurate statement to the point of just feeding us a line.

Tuesday night, while I was playing a PVE (no antag) on No Reservations, we got all the way to the end....and then lost because a Level 2 Alicia was sitting on 5 Aleph instead of powering the engine.  I can't even get pissed about this because, at level 2, they've probably never played this map.  They have no idea what they're doing because Mercurysteam has intentionally locked them out of being able to learn the map before coming online.

If anything, the Star system should be reversed to where the player has to successfully complete the particular map once on training mode before they can play it online.  This way, even on Easy mode, they will learn the basics of the map before they come online.  The current system does not help anyone learn the mechanics.  In fact, it accomplishes the opposite because, as has been mentioned (a few thousand times) on the forums, people would rather suicide than play with someone who has no idea what they're doing. 

This isn't enhancing the experience.  It's just Mercurysteam cribbing off EA's ill-fated attempts to have an always online experience with their games.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Imagine having all 3 other players disconnecting, which has happened to me...

Meow
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 04:35:38 AM by ArnoldCat »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
@Tekato, as far as "one shot fests" go, at certain difficulties even a lowly grunt can drop you with one blast. At your level I know that you know this already. Ungodly amount of damage that can drop your fully overhealed Hive in a heartbeat is a regular occurrence with the way they jack up the adds in this game. CQC has always been a rock paper scissors guessing game to an extent and it just takes feeling out the Antagonist  your battling to see what their tendencies are. I'm no god at this game, and I don't use a mic either when I play to coordinate, but I do try and play as much as I can in a team and avoid random matchmaking and that results in wins 95% of the time regardless of whether or not an Antagonist shows up.  Sorry for the long post but I guess in closing I'm trying to say that I highly doubt Mercurysteam is going to change the way damage is dealt and the way the crits work and the cqc and everything. One of their main goals is to make this game super challenging so that's how it is whether we like it or not.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:30:19 AM by XjabberwockieX »

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Ugh.
Are you blind, dude?

Literally in the post you quote the reason for the game being the way it is now is explained to you. It is not a line. They are telling you directly why it is this way.

They want people to learn the game in this fashion. So what if a level 2 is hoarding Aleph? Are you not good enough at the game that one person holding on to 5 Aleph is the deciding factor between whether you win or lose?

Have you considered that maybe you lost that match because you're just not good at the game?

Also, the fuck does EA have to do with any of this?

There are many many many online only games made by many many different developers.

This shit is nonsense, bro.

Tekato

• View Profile
@Tekato, as far as "one shot fests" go, at certain difficulties even a lowly grunt can drop you with one blast. At your level I know that you know this already. Ungodly amount of damage that can drop your fully overhealed Hive in a heartbeat is a regular occurrence with the way they jack up the adds in this game. CQC has always been a rock paper scissors guessing game to an extent and it just takes feeling out the Antagonist  your battling to see what their tendencies are. I'm no god at this game, and I don't use a mic either when I play to coordinate, but I do try and play as much as I can in a team and avoid random matchmaking and that results in wins 95% of the time regardless of whether or not an Antagonist shows up.  Sorry for the long post but I guess in closing I'm trying to say that I highly doubt Mercurysteam is going to change the way damage is dealt and the way the crits work and the cqc and everything. One of their main goals is to make this game super challenging so that's how it is whether we like it or not.
I'm fine with the AI one shotting since you can use cover and have ways to deal with them.  But players no, they can easily get you behind cover and some characters don't even need to aim. One example is rak with shepherd he can just shoot his grenades at a wall near you, they will bounce and most likely take you out in one blast. And what I meant by the cqc is lag can make your grapples slow down or speed up to the point where someone can sneak up do a grapple and you won't even hear the sound, and there's a lot of cases where you punch someone right infront of you but for some reason it fails. This makes cqc inconsistent and unreliable.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Oh yes the lag with cqc and missing strikes that should land and then get you grabbed and killed is infuriating. I definitely hear you with that one.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Hmmm I feel CQC feels less responsive from 3 months ago when i started playing.. Idk if that is  my mind playing tricks on me or something was actually changed.  Did something change with CQC or is it just my connection?

LordDraco3

• View Profile

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
training mode is good and all, but i would like to also play the game offline too, like i said some people have aren't fortunate to keep a steady internet connection,some people wanna play it alone offline, look at the cut-scenes offline , i love the game, i been with it since beta, i just want the offline mode back, everything else is good, i have no problems with the antagonist because i be wrecking their shit lol

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Ugh.
Are you blind, dude?

Literally in the post you quote the reason for the game being the way it is now is explained to you. It is not a line. They are telling you directly why it is this way.

Which is the same thing EA does when they tell the community "here's why things are the way they are."

They want people to learn the game in this fashion. So what if a level 2 is hoarding Aleph? Are you not good enough at the game that one person holding on to 5 Aleph is the deciding factor between whether you win or lose?

When the engine is running out of Aleph and someone is just sitting on 5 aleph because they don't know what they're supposed to do, that is actually a problem.  If the person had gone through the map once or twice on their own, they would know "charge the engine".  (People would also not kill elites but that's a common complaint that's been done to death.)

Have you considered that maybe you lost that match because you're just not good at the game?

Deflecting critiques by disparaging my abilities does not actually invalidate my argument.

Also, the fuck does EA have to do with any of this?

There are many many many online only games made by many many different developers.

This shit is nonsense, bro.

Because the Spacelords update did the exact thing that EA used to do back in the days of C & C 4 when they were pushing the "always online" idea.

It was a failure then too.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Hurk!

Listen man. I have not lost No Reservations..in like forever. I might have never lost it. And I played it a lot, it was one of my go-to missions. I have played it with low levels, I have played it with high levels, with Antagonists, in a box, with a fox, while being pelted with rocks. Played it with 2 disconnects and even once with 3 disconnects.

One person is more than enough to complete the mission.

And this has to do with offline mode and 4 v 4 pvp because..I dunno.

I think it has something to do with people who come to this game and don't want it to be hard so they blah blah about changes that need to be made to fundamental systems that have been a part of the game since its inception.

I know there was some offline before the re-branding. I didn't play back then though and the game seems to work just fine without all that.

So, if you find that I do not respect your opinion because of your game playing abilities then that is because it seems like your opinions are entirely based off your own game play abilities.

MSE hears those un-skilled opinions and changes the game based off those opinions. But, what you think is a problem or bad feature is really just you being a newb. That is not ok. A lot of people come here to bitch about the game well before they have hit level 200. Some do it just after playing for a day and they assume they know everything.

I would wager a lot that you are one of those people.