Author Topic: What SPACELORDS really needs …  (Read 3960 times)

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
What SPACELORDS really needs …
on: November 25, 2018, 10:12:00 AM
… are more CHOICES!

I've been playing Warframe in the last few days, and I was wondering why the player's progress in Warframe is so good and addictive because Warframe gives the player choices.
First it lets you choose your preferred play style (Solo PVE, Multiplayer PVE or just PVP) and second, you can set yourself a goal / task in the game:
e.g. in Warframe:
1. I want to build a specific weapon/ equipment
2. I go and earn the necessary amount of credits
3. I buy the blueprint
4. I go and earn the necessary amount of materials
5. I craft the weapon and achived the objective I set myself and in the end I am happy

e.g. in Spacelords:
1. I want to build a specific weapon/ card
2. I go and earn the necessary amount of credits/ faction points
3a. I can just hope that I will get the blueprint someday (RNG!)
3b. I am stuck, there is no way to get the specific card I want. The only option is to turn the wheel of fortune (again only RNG!!!). There are some cards in the game that I've been trying to get for months - but no luck. And in the end most of the time I am frustrated

More choices brings more joy and players to the game. No or few options will drive away players.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Re: What SPACELORDS really needs …
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 05:35:59 PM
Agreed.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:30:21 AM
It's funny how Warframe is known for RNG, but it doesn't feel nearly as impactful as the RNG in a game like this. The card situation is currently just a glorified slot machine that just eats up faction points and is severely limited by the amount of cards we can hold at once, and the cost of rolling does not care if we are rolling 4 cards or 1.

Also the cost of rolling has DRAMATICALLY gone up as the game's life goes on. I used to be able to make a few rolls after winning 2 game. Now it takes several wins to even make 1 roll, and we have more card choices than we did back then. Yes we get faction every single game, but the amount is so low that if our goal is to roll cards, it has become an agonizingly long process.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 12:55:17 PM
It's funny how Warframe is known for RNG, but it doesn't feel nearly as impactful as the RNG in a game like this. The card situation is currently just a glorified slot machine that just eats up faction points and is severely limited by the amount of cards we can hold at once, and the cost of rolling does not care if we are rolling 4 cards or 1.

Also the cost of rolling has DRAMATICALLY gone up as the game's life goes on. I used to be able to make a few rolls after winning 2 game. Now it takes several wins to even make 1 roll, and we have more card choices than we did back then. Yes we get faction every single game, but the amount is so low that if our goal is to roll cards, it has become an agonizingly long process.

Totally agree! Yes, the card-rolling always was bad, but it became much worse. And that's really a shame, I mean 4000 fp for one roll, it's ridiculous. And you can waste hundreds of thousands of faction points without getting the card you want.

MSE you really have to think about this!!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:04:07 PM by B30 »

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 04:58:58 PM

Totally agree! Yes, the card-rolling always was bad, but it became much worse. And that's really a shame, I mean 4000 fp for one roll, it's ridiculous. And you can waste hundreds of thousands of faction points without getting the card you want.

MSE you really have to think about this!!!

What's worse is that its actually 4800 not 4000. Shits too damn expensive.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 05:11:05 PM
These are great points everybody. Being able to set goals and focus on accomplishing them to ensure you get the blueprint you want knocked out would alleviate alot of the frustration of the grind. Hopefully MS listens to this feedback....

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 11:24:26 PM
I like how Warframe is a standard now for online free to play games. and even Tripla A games. Such a good game.

The reason the RNG in this game has such an impact is 2 things and that is "Content and Acquisition".

Content: Warframe has a shit ton more content than Spacelords. You can move on to different things in Warframe, if the grind for an item becomes too much. In Spacelords You only need to acquire 3 things blueprints, Gold, and faction points. In Warframe there is a grind for Primary weapons, Secondary weapons, melee weapons, resources, warframes, credits, standing, etc.

Acquisition: Almost everything in Warframe can be bought from their market. The only thing you can buy from the Spacelords market is the medallions to then use to buy skins or trade for large quantities gold. If MSE made it possible to buy weapons for actual money at reasonable prices and not  tweak RNG to push the micro transactions that could alleviate some of the dissatisfaction among players.

To compare Warframe to Spacelords is unfair. Considering one has a 5 year head start on the other.
But Warframe set a standard and other Game Developers should strive for that standard. To summarize, MSE needs to try to get more content out to divide our attention and make the acquisition of such content both enjoyable and reasonably difficult. (In my opinion)

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 12:46:45 AM
… To compare Warframe to Spacelords is unfair. Considering one has a 5 year head start on the other.
But Warframe set a standard and other Game Developers should strive for that standard. …

I don't see anything unfair here - just feedback. Why not compare it to Warframe when it comes to improving Spacelords.
It's not the point if it is already 5 years longer on the market or not, important is, DE does things differently than MSE (of course they do!) and does some things even better, and MSE can learn from that and take inspiration from that. And that's a good thing.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 10:10:50 AM
Hey there, my name's Hernan and I'm a techincal game designer for the game. I dropped by to say that you guys are basically right! :)

We are currently working in adding a wider degree of choices into the different playable systems of the game. Even though I can't go into details yet, what I can say is we are not entirely happy with the current card rolling system, so changes will be made to that in upcoming updates.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 10:24:36 AM
That's good news and I'm looking forward to the changes, thanks Hernan for responding.  :)