Author Topic: Dear MSE...  (Read 9247 times)

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Re: Dear MSE...
Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 08:09:52 PM

I'm afraid then that you will have to ban me outright, Hellath. Nothing I said is wrong or incorrect and while many people might find it to be aggressive, it is not by the way very aggressive at all, it is the truth.

Of course you are supposed to defend your employee from any perceived threat and I will accept that in such a confrontation I have the disadvantage.

But, your post proves my point. You are here to placate and not discuss and you have provided even less information on the subject being discussed than my parody of Karen's posts.

Perhaps the problem is that I do not really respect you, Hellath. I don't see why I should, I have never seen you say anything important recently. You don't seem to respect me and without me you have no job, so that may be a folly decision on your part.

But, if I find your services to be lacking in the immediate future, then that is what I will talk about. Because that is what the forums are about.

There were no name-callings. Karen is much much more present than any other MSE, including you. So, if there is someone which I am to complain about the lack of decent discussion and information being relayed between myself, a fan, and yourselves, the developers, then it is Karen's fault.

That you cannot see that shows more that you are unwilling to even discuss that small bit of discourse, about the lack of communication, than anything else. Nothing in your post answers a question. Nothing in your post even seems like it should be in this thread.

I think perhaps, Hellath, you should consider my points instead of taking it personally. I do not take your misrepresented chiding personally. It would do your community team a world of good to provide more adequate information on these subjects and give more concrete and succulent answers to our questions.

Now, please, unless you have something important to tell us about optional PVP or antagonists or whatever, leave us to our discussion such as it is.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 08:15:49 PM
The way pohthead expressed his opinion was definitely not the best, but he is right. A stronger communication pipeline between the community and the devs is sorely needed. And Draco I don't think that the mentality of "WANT IT NOW" is the problem. The problem is that we go 3-4 weeks without meaningful communication with the devs and people naturally get antsy. Just bi-weekly status updates of whats coming down the line/what they are working on would definitely be useful to assuage peoples curiosity/angst. Regular communication with the community shouldn't be taxing for MSE. For medium sized studio with a F2P game out in the wild communication is a big factor for wether the game sinks or swims.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 04:28:42 AM
Actually I will get on my soapbox for just a second, because I feel this is an important issue in THIS community, to RE-remind people: don't be an ass.
Read: https://www.pcgamer.com/the-daunting-aftermath-of-releasing-your-dream-game-as-told-by-the-devs-of-stardew-valley-owlboy-and-more/

And also, I wish our community could act mature about treating the people that make something we all enjoy with the slightest bit of respect. They are HALF the size of DE, and THIS is how Warframe's community talks to those devs:
https://kotaku.com/warframe-fans-ask-developers-to-avoid-crunch-1830327178?utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2nxaB0gARvDX2GzPr4fMpOX-yiw6WBNzpuTzoH45XYo40ztndPrsqxf4o

I wish we had more communication too, but things take time, and devs are human just like the rest of us. I do not respect studios that put their employees through hell, like Riot Games, Rockstar, Unisoft, etc. etc.
We, the players, might want everything ASAP, but I do not want it faster at the cost of the developer's sanity. I know MSE has some pretty well set business hours so I believe they are good in this regard, but players need to not feel they are entitled like a slave master, just because they consume a product.
i just think since you brought it up this video from The reaper hunter. https://youtu.be/woD5NT3lqA8

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 04:58:15 PM
 Damn really wish there was a like button lol. @ Level9Drow and LordDraco3

Its great to see 2 guys on opposites sides of an argument come together to challenge and snuff out that level of toxic behavior and disrespect. Hopefully the Devs see this and thank you guys personally I gotta say thank you as well.

Regarding the forums,  we know they are reading our posts because they comment one them. Just saying a few words to let us know theyre there is reassuring. They have to read thousands of post a day. They can't possibly be expected to answer them all.

@Draco touching on warframe community. I  read an article a couple of weeks back ,about how the community was concerned for the devs. Saying they will wait longer for new content if it means the team stays healthy .

That being said good job guys. @Hellath I like how you came to smite the evil. Keep up the good work.
Look forward to your next update.

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 05:43:00 PM
Hi guys,

We really like the way many - the majority, in fact - of our community members discuss or even criticize those things they do not like, always maintaining a respectful attitude and avoiding personal attacks / mentions. So yeah, thank you all for being such a respectful community.

Said that, I'm glad to announce that we decided to post on Monday a big explanation on how MMR and difficulty works. Hope this help you to understand the system much better and to have better conversations.

Thank you!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 05:56:21 PM
Excellent!!!

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 06:12:55 PM
Hi guys,

First of all, thank you very much for your support. This user hasn't been banned permanently, but we felt his attitude was getting out of control.

To ensure that everybody understands what happened, these are the first rules in our FAQ post:

I hope he understands the situation when he comes back. We can't understand these personal attacks neither. We try our best to read all your comments, not only here, but in all our social media channels. And I personally have difficulties sometimes to answer some questions since they require a more technical answer.

In those cases, I ask my co-workers from design, programming, gameplay, etc., in order to give an appropiate response. Please, believe us when we say we read everything and try to help you the best we can.

As MSE_Jvela mentioned, we'll be back with the "State of the Game" section, so you can see how the game evolves little by little with your help.

Thank you again for your understanding.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 07:08:19 PM
Gracias Karen, te quiero  :-*

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 16, 2018, 07:22:56 PM
You BAN!!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 16, 2018, 07:28:41 PM
You BAN!!

Well I don't want to mock him either. Poht is a pretty interesting guy with a lot to say who probably had a passionate laps of judgement. Because I would never know what that's like would I? Me passionate rant? Pshhhh...

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 16, 2018, 07:37:30 PM
Actually, I address this to ArnoldCat's

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 16, 2018, 07:47:05 PM
Actually, I address this to ArnoldCat's

Lehi I love you!   :-*

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 17, 2018, 02:29:55 PM
PohtHehd, let's be patient with MSE. They might mean well, but perhaps cannot say more than 'we're working on improvements etc. , etc. They are probably abiding by the rule of thumb: "sometimes saying too much is worse than saying nothing at all".

If the game is not changed to your liking in the coming months, your absence from it will more than make your point clear.

Edit: After reading the last page of posts which I missed, it is clear that MSE is handling this situation very well. Cudos to those who don't let others put down the moderators or anyone else who is just doing their job. No one deserves that crap.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:01:18 AM by immortanjoe »

GotteBoh

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 17, 2018, 04:49:50 PM
Pohthead might not have went about it the right way, but I can understand his frustration with MES. Every thread I've seen them respond to does seem to have the same copy/paste reply.

That being said it does show that MES does have players that care alot about this game.

I think if they were to release a "dev spotlight", talking about what they're working on or have in the pipes every month or so, it might calm some of the fires that are raging on.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 19, 2018, 11:06:48 PM
Yea MSE just copy what DE does, Dev Streams every few weeks on twitch. It'll be nice to here you guys clarify on certain aspects of the game that would be too long to explain in a forum. Plus I would like to see Karen and Hellath.  I want to see you guys rocking the hair cuts of Valeria and Lycus. lol