Author Topic: Ignorant Teammates  (Read 3639 times)

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Ignorant Teammates
on: November 08, 2018, 08:33:18 PM
Ignorance- "lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."-https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/ignorant

Just had two INFURIATING matches. On Short Fused, my teammates shot the extractors every time. On Destroyer of worlds, they never put aleph in the objectives.

On Short Fused the mission says "destroy wardog harvester" and the extractors actually have a health bar and can be destroyed. It's understandably confusing, although, they didn't even change behavior when i spammed melee, shots, etc at them or said "come with me". I blame them for that, because this did the trick for me when i was still the noobiest of noobs.

That match lasted forever.

The other mission was Destroyer of Worlds. Both players with aleph were holding it and not putting it in the supply pipes. Then when it came time to put aleph in the pumps to weaken aneska, of course they didn't. One guy flat out ignored me as I shot him with kuzmann's electricity for a length of time, and would not respond to "come with me", "help", etc.

I could not carry them with the constant AOE spam of that level.

Mercury Steam, can you make the mission objective more apparent and also reword some of the mission text for both?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:36:55 PM by immortanjoe »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Ignorant Teammates
Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 05:27:14 AM
I don't even know if Mercutysteam can fix that kind of stupid.

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:56:28 PM
I guess not. Also there are players sabotaging games to lower their mmr. I just played fistful of sand and the alicia was level 96 and at least 60 seconds passed with him hogging 5 aleph while the protector succumbed to wounds. We were empty on aleph and were providing covering fire. You would think there is no way he didn't know what to do at that level. I'm not sure if I should report him or not.

Sadly these matches, which are wasted by teammates like this, are usually my one-time rewards games. I go out of my way to use bounty hunter konstantin (which I may not want to actually play) just to boost the gains, but the gains are miniscule after a loss and it was all pointless.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:12:20 PM by immortanjoe »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 11:42:41 PM
Hey Joe, what platform are you playing on? If this kind of stupidity your suffering from others hasn't made you delete this game from your system, the least I can do is lend a hand to help out. I'm on PS4, NA server, same gamertag as my forum name. I'm in the mid 400's and I would gladly help you get your rewards.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 11:49:28 PM
Ignorance- "lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."-https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/ignorant

Just had two INFURIATING matches. On Short Fused, my teammates shot the extractors every time. On Destroyer of worlds, they never put aleph in the objectives.

It is better than no team mate helps you to destroy extractors while no one can bring enough aleph back to destroy it except you, I think. You can wait a next extractor to put your aleph before someone tries to destroy one.

In anyway, I do not understand the in-game voice chat system is OFF by default while the 4-sign system is not good enough.

MAKE THE IN-GAME VOICE CHAT SYSTEM ACTIVATED BY DEFAULT!!

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 09:39:56 AM
Hey Joe, what platform are you playing on? If this kind of stupidity your suffering from others hasn't made you delete this game from your system, the least I can do is lend a hand to help out. I'm on PS4, NA server, same gamertag as my forum name. I'm in the mid 400's and I would gladly help you get your rewards.

Hey, thank you so much for offering assistance. I am on PS4 and I DID uninstall the game a few days ago, but I would like to send you a friend request because I intend to play again (either once my disgust wears off, or when a major update hits). My PSN account name is Merc-Prince. I will look you up when I go online.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 05:40:36 PM
Hi immortanjoe,

We are sorry you experienced this. There are hints during the missions and Cortez is always giving instructions, but we understand these kind of situations can lead to frustration since the newcomers need to learn how everything works.

This is why we'll release a big update including a chat that should alleviate this issue. We really appreciate your patience and we hope to see you again on the Broken Planet.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

P.D. You can always use our support email, spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com, to report any inappropiate behaviour (if you also attach a screenshot or a video, that would be great)

Jester278

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 04:20:53 AM

On Short Fused the mission says "destroy wardog harvester" and the extractors actually have a health bar and can be destroyed. It's understandably confusing, although, they didn't even change behavior when i spammed melee, shots, etc at them or said "come with me". I blame them for that, because this did the trick for me when i was still the noobiest of noobs.

That match lasted forever.

Had the same thing on this level when playing with a friend and 2 randoms. It used to infuriate us until we realised that it saves time when nobody has any Aleph since the clock stops until another extractor is dropped, giving us time to get some!

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 01:00:30 PM
Hi immortanjoe,

We are sorry you experienced this. There are hints during the missions and Cortez is always giving instructions, but we understand these kind of situations can lead to frustration since the newcomers need to learn how everything works.

This is why we'll release a big update including a chat that should alleviate this issue. We really appreciate your patience and we hope to see you again on the Broken Planet.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

P.D. You can always use our support email, spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com, to report any inappropiate behaviour (if you also attach a screenshot or a video, that would be great)

Thank you. Your response is encourages me to return more than you know.