Author Topic: Why do I even bother  (Read 3544 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Why do I even bother
on: November 02, 2018, 11:34:02 PM
Decided to give this game another shot and the first match ends up being mentor with a lv 170+ antag. Tried for a bit at the beginning but then decided to suicide a million times after realizing that i was pretty much doing the entire objetive by myself as the noobs kept getting killed off by the antag. Please ban me so i don't come back to this terrible game here's my username: tekato1188 .

pululon

• View Profile
Re: Why do I even bother
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 03:19:12 AM
This is a drug, you can't let it go so easily!

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 06:02:28 AM
That antagonist was me.

You guys were doing really well and I know we already exchanged messages on PSN but once I saw you suiciding I tried to tell you to stop, that I would go friendly if you're just going to waste your squads lives.

This match was on Short Fused so no matter how friendly I am the Raiders still only have so many lives. Despite the difficulties presented I was still able to get your remaining squadmates to the last hit on the ship from the extractors. Unfortunately, the Wardogs overwhelmed them.

We both know what you said to me when I told you this information while you were out of lives and could not respawn, so I will not burden the eyes of passers-by with such knowledge.

I wish you had listened to me. It is not about glory or personal satisfaction that I would decide to lose the match. It is about having a fair fight and with you doing what you did...you made it into a circus.

You are almost level 300 and you should know better.

That all being said, I still would like to play with you again because I feel I owe you at least one friendly antagonist match. Take care, Tekato.

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 05:52:58 AM
Kudos to you for being a friendly antag.  :) I feel bad for the OP and have been on both sides of the fence and it can be frustrating. The game is a powder keg for anger and frustration. Just wanted to jump in and praise PohtHehd for being kind on the board and I want to encourage the OP that we all have bad days and rough matches.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 06:05:01 PM
That antagonist was me.

You guys were doing really well and I know we already exchanged messages on PSN but once I saw you suiciding I tried to tell you to stop, that I would go friendly if you're just going to waste your squads lives.

This match was on Short Fused so no matter how friendly I am the Raiders still only have so many lives. Despite the difficulties presented I was still able to get your remaining squadmates to the last hit on the ship from the extractors. Unfortunately, the Wardogs overwhelmed them.

We both know what you said to me when I told you this information while you were out of lives and could not respawn, so I will not burden the eyes of passers-by with such knowledge.

I wish you had listened to me. It is not about glory or personal satisfaction that I would decide to lose the match. It is about having a fair fight and with you doing what you did...you made it into a circus.

You are almost level 300 and you should know better.

That all being said, I still would like to play with you again because I feel I owe you at least one friendly antagonist match. Take care, Tekato.

YOU are the kind of antagonists that make sense in this game, like Draco. Who have a sportsmanlike respect for fair play. I think you, him and players like him will help with coming up with solutions to this.

I wish more were like you. But many aren't, and that's not your fault nor should we make you responsible.

But you did say something about wanting a fair fight. I think we can all agree that may not be possible with the current mentor match situation. That's not to say it's one sided either. I've had mentor matches where we had a single new player a couple of mid levels and me at over 300 and the antag was level TEN. There was nothing good about that match, and I didn't feel good at the end either. It's especially painful when they don't rage quit and keep fighting, man I feel dirty, real dirty.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 09:43:03 PM
But you did say something about wanting a fair fight. I think we can all agree that may not be possible with the current mentor match situation. That's not to say it's one sided either. I've had mentor matches where we had a single new player a couple of mid levels and me at over 300 and the antag was level TEN. There was nothing good about that match, and I didn't feel good at the end either. It's especially painful when they don't rage quit and keep fighting, man I feel dirty, real dirty.

A fair fight isn’t only tied to level/mentor matches, if a single person in the group doesn’t care or isn’t in it for the pvp the fight is no longer fair, the current system promotes unfair fights since there is no choice when queuing up and most antags seem to love that predicament.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 10:29:06 PM

A fair fight isn’t only tied to level/mentor matches, if a single person in the group doesn’t care or isn’t in it for the pvp the fight is no longer fair, the current system promotes unfair fights since there is no choice when queuing up and most antags seem to love that predicament.

Perfectly said. If it's forced it will always be unfair, because there will be people who, when they get an antagonists, will roll their eyes, sigh and already be upset before the match even starts. At the very best, their hearts will not be into it, at worst they will so terrible things like AFK, feed, etc...

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 05:30:05 AM
I've had mentor matches where we had a single new player a couple of mid levels and me at over 300 and the antag was level TEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1mDIeR4XU