Author Topic: My experience in a nutshell  (Read 4167 times)

IMuthaTuckerI

• View Profile
My experience in a nutshell
on: June 25, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
Start game. Menu looks outdated, like it would belong to an original Xbox game. Characters look cool, would like to see a backstory for each of them implemented in the finished product. Start prologue on solo. First mission is simple. Start second mission with Konstantin. Spray Elite with rotating gun, he ignores my bullets and grapples me. Happens 3 more times. Turns game off. Waiting for patch.

In the controls menu, it states that melee prevents a grapple, but shouldn't a freaking minigun stop that as well?! Especially when the Elite was 6 feet away, not running, and dashes to grapple me whilst I'm filling him with lead?

Yeah, no thanks. Will try again when things like this get patched.

TehMud

• View Profile
Re: My experience in a nutshell
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 09:02:04 PM
No. Bullets don't stop Grapple. Melee does. It's on you that you're not punching to Counter their grapple. That's  the way the game is designed. It's really easy to just melee an Elite's Grapple.

EDIT: In addition the Elites are meant to be scary strong. They're supposed to make you stop and think twice about what you're doing since they can easily kill you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:08:58 PM by TehMud »

IMuthaTuckerI

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 10:38:07 AM
Well clearly I figured out that bullets don't stop grapple, that's the main thing I'm complaining about here. Which is a stupid "feature" that should be rethought.

And again stating the obvious, Elites are difficult. I know they're supposed to be, they're called Elites. But I'm saying that at a prologue mission, a 1 vs 1 against an Elite should not be that outrageous.

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 10:09:49 PM
They are not. If you punch them in the face nonstop - they are dead for sure. If they charging - just run away or step aside. Apart from oneshot grab they are harmless and dangerous only in groups where you can't melee them because other will grab you. In that case just shoot them to dying state first.

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 11:30:56 PM
Well clearly I figured out that bullets don't stop grapple, that's the main thing I'm complaining about here. Which is a stupid "feature" that should be rethought.

And again stating the obvious, Elites are difficult. I know they're supposed to be, they're called Elites. But I'm saying that at a prologue mission, a 1 vs 1 against an Elite should not be that outrageous.

My bad didn't mean to come off like that. Was in a grumpy mood.

Anyway I get what you're saying, but Elites aren't too bad. 1v1 you can pretty much just spam melee and kill them as well as counter their grabs. With another player you both can just wreck them. I dunno I just tend to kite them backwards while shooting then go in for the kill.

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 01:24:03 PM
Don't forget that if they aquire Aleph and use it to go supersaiyan, they are immune to strikes and grapples as well. Put a few rounds into them, that will cancel their buff and you can proceed to kill them as usual. Unless they have multiple Aleph charges, you probably will have to wear them down before you can kill them.

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 06:08:23 PM
Don't forget that if they aquire Aleph and use it to go supersaiyan, they are immune to strikes and grapples as well. Put a few rounds into them, that will cancel their buff and you can proceed to kill them as usual. Unless they have multiple Aleph charges, you probably will have to wear them down before you can kill them.

Oh yeah that's a big one that alot of players aren't aware of.

If the Elites shout and jet sparks and stuff around them they cannot be melee'd or grappled until it's gone. So either shoot em to hell and back or run away until it wears off.