Author Topic: Regarding Bandwidth  (Read 2670 times)

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Regarding Bandwidth
on: November 02, 2018, 04:45:44 PM
Mercury Steam,

How much bandwidth do you recommend for a person to host? I have mine set to low bandwidth in the settings because i have a 15mbs download and a 1.5 upload. I have been self-conscious of my internet speed and didn't want to screw my teammates over, but when others host I usually I get 120-400ms ping, which is already terrible and last game I was at >999 ping!

When I was flying around as Hans my screen jerked me around, I didn't respawn when the timer was up, the spectator camera was just floating around without respawn, etc. etc.

Another issue is that a lot of times the highest level players are host, so if you are the antagonist, not only are they stronger than you, but they're more likely to win in hand to hand combat and probably even shooting exchanges just from internet differences.

Please alleviate this issue.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:53:34 PM by immortanjoe »

Tekato

• View Profile
Re: Regarding Bandwidth
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 05:03:42 PM
Not much they can do about this until they get servers, peer-to-peer connection will always have this problem.

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 06:02:50 AM
I may be going out on a limb here, but It may be lag with the ISP not just yours in general. I know the company is based in Spain and I assume the servers are as well. So If my assumption is correct it may be a lag from one server hub to another.

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 01:35:27 AM
I may be going out on a limb here, but It may be lag with the ISP not just yours in general. I know the company is based in Spain and I assume the servers are as well. So If my assumption is correct it may be a lag from one server hub to another.

Hmm, you have a point. Hopefully they are already talking to internet logistics experts over there