Author Topic: My MMR and the matter of Disconnects  (Read 2502 times)

tingeltangelflo

• View Profile
My MMR and the matter of Disconnects
on: September 08, 2018, 11:24:18 AM
In the last few weeks my MMR is going constantly down in a spiral because i get thrown in with low level Players that leave the game out of frustration because they dont know what to do. This leads to my mmr going down with every match i loose because we are 3, sometimes 2 active Players.

And that leads to me getting more matched with those low level leaving players.

If we cant get new and more Communication options, please atleast make my mmr not go down due to Disconnects and early leavers

Crealkiller

• View Profile
Re: My MMR and the matter of Disconnects
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 12:31:48 AM
Can i add something?

The disconnected players are still lowering our results! All the active players get to the elevator and it says we left someone behind. Thats 1 less life! Then we get to the end and teleport out, and we have to wait like 2 minutes till the timer runs out.

The player disconnected! idk if it was out of fustration or just a bad connection, but why are we losing things because they arnt there? The whole match i was hopeful they would reconnect, but as soon as their name turns red, they shouldnt be counted as in the game.

I like this game and i hope others pick it up, but those of us that want to keep playing have a list of complaints

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 07:14:33 PM
Yes, this has been a huge issue. I'd say half of my games have a disconnect now and it is SO sad because usually the team is doing fine and getting the objective done, but they leave prematurely for whatever reason. Mercury Steam, please fix.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 01:13:17 PM
Hi, guys!

Thank you very much for your concerns. We understand your frustration and we keep working to bring you the best experience possible. In fact, we'll release a chat in a future patch, so we hope this solves some of these issues.

On the other hand, we have explained in a recent post how the MMR works, maybe this helps you understand the system a little bit better: https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=3694.msg14451;topicseen#msg14451

Again, thank you very much for your feedback!

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 05:57:08 AM
One of the things I do not understand with this game is why is the single player unlocked behind the multiplayer? I think some issues would be solved in matches if people were "forced" to play single player once to understand the mission they are on. I'm sure forcing people is not the way people want to play but I also beleive most people do not listen or read and jsut expect others to carry them through the mission. I think it would solve some of the disconnects if people are leaving out of frustration from a lack of understanding.