Author Topic: Hosting is horrible. Why no chat?  (Read 2724 times)

Pranja

• View Profile
Hosting is horrible. Why no chat?
on: June 11, 2017, 12:01:43 AM
Hello.

Playing since the newest beta. I am playing for now more than 10 hours and enjoy it alot but the amount of hosts with very slow internet connections is annoying as hell and a big dealbreaker for me. There are alot of games where I have to play with a ping of 200+. Now I am waiting for my host to retrieve the connection as I am writing this. The best part is that I can't even leave the game because I have to wait until the game is over. I am running a 100k connection with 100mbits download and 40mbits upload, so it can't be me.

I noticed that most of the time those poor connections/pings come from console player hosts. The ratio of bad ping/connection games is about 60%.

The next part is, why is there no chat? Why can't I communicate with my team? Most of the time my team doesn't even know what they have to do in the mission. I have to do the objectives most of the time by my own. I tried that beacon system but it does not help at all, people don't even notice it.

To sum up my beta experience so far:

Negative:
-Really bad hosting/high ping, huge dealbreaker
-Bad connection seems to come from console players
-No chat/communication other than that poor selectionwheel

Positive:
-Game runs smooth
-No framedrops, no crashes so far for me (about 10 hours ingame time)
-Maps are fun and a good challenge, I really like the higher difficulty than most other games out there
-Raiders are fun to play
-Gameplay/controls are fun and run smooth

I will probably add more to this thread after the second day of the beta. But so far those are the most irritating things for me.

2nd day:

Beta is closed now and I got around 15 hours playtime. The game is super fun and runs smooth except when you get a bad host which I explained above. Everything breaks when the ping hits 999, close combat gets slowmo, characters are teleporting around the whole map and both the raiders and the antagonist are unable to play the objective.

There is no way on PC to favour the hosting. It's mostly the console players that host. I got the same player multiple times with bad internet connection and the game always chose him to host the game.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:31:07 PM by Pranja »

Kristian9911

• View Profile
Re: Hosting is horrible. Why no chat?
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 03:35:21 AM
Because i have very good internet. I mostly Host.
So i never have a problem with that.
You gave Voicechat. But you have to activate it first. Which is weird.