Author Topic: Harec cannot melee while reloading  (Read 4595 times)

dalt_ud

• View Profile
Harec cannot melee while reloading
on: October 28, 2018, 01:26:03 PM
When Harec released shot - he cannot hit as melee attack during reloading.
Its really unfair, because other characters (who stronger in melee) can break reloading to do melee attacks.
So for Harec when antagonist or elite soldiers coming close to him - hard choice: 1) try shoot at head, and if missing he is defenseless 2) dont shoot and wait - its disanvantage, because other characters have no same problem at all.
Its need to be repaired.

Lehi

• View Profile
Re: Harec cannot melee while reloading
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 01:42:20 PM
Shae can't either.

dalt_ud

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 03:19:37 PM
Shae can't either.

Then it need to be repaired too. Recons weak in close combat so badly even with weapon, so its truly unfair to do them totally defanceless.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 07:14:48 PM
Obviously my first question is why with any character you would start reloading then decide that is the time for a confrontation.

The Local characters are supposed to be physically weak. Not only within the storyline of the game but also its gameplay.

For as long as videogames have existed the more damage something does the more defenseless it becomes. Hence the term "Glass Cannon" from MMORPGs which denotes a very offensively powerful character with limited defensive capabilities.

While it is true that you can set up Locals to be vicious CQC masters it does still require the necessary skill to pull off. It is a very high risk high reward style of play without consistent benefits.

Locals can also typically be built to reload much faster to offset their balancing as far as gunfights are concerned. This would also reduce the amount of time being helpless if you started reloading but now must fight an antagonist/raider in melee.

However, if you are reloading and charging into a fist fight at the same time then that is all on you. Throwing a character who is a SNIPER into the middle of a melee confrontation before you finish reloading really only shows your poor strategy. It does not show any need to fix something about the game.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 07:36:55 PM
This is so stupid... As a sniper you shouldn't even be trying to melee unless you're low on ammo. Why are you even reloading during cqc.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:39:02 PM by Tekato »

dalt_ud

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 07:58:00 PM
This is so stupid... As a sniper you shouldn't even be trying to melee unless you're low on ammo. Why are you even reloading during cqc.

I knew about tons of tacticians who will come here.

Ok, i am sniper, here is corridor based maps - Antags coming to me on in 10-20 meters. I have time for one shot, if i will hit him in head - i win, if not - i am dead, just because reload issue.
Shooting in head need a lot of skill, especially with gamepad.

Its stupid to do so disadvantage to sniper on so "great" designed maps, where sniper have no free room. Here work agressive style of sniper gameplay, but with mechanic of melee of antagonist and mobs - its useless.

I dont care much about this game, i doubt devs will do it playable and interesting.  If you like disbalanced game - its your choice.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 08:12:59 PM
Its stupid to do so disadvantage to sniper on so "great" designed maps, where sniper have no free room. Here work agressive style of sniper gameplay, but with mechanic of melee of antagonist and mobs - its useless.
Have you considered that not every Raider will be useful on every map?

Because the game was definitely designed around changing and evolving your play-style with multiple factions rather than just playing snipers.

I dont care much about this game, i doubt devs will do it playable and interesting.  If you like disbalanced game - its your choice.
I think that actually you do and you just had a bad time as Harec. Perhaps if you took a moment to relax and considered trying a Wardog or Hades character you would find it much more suitable to the aggressive play-style you are looking to use. They have higher health and are generally better at handling CQC situations. Also, Alicia and Lycus are very very good characters that can take you far.

dalt_ud

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 08:34:48 PM
Quote from: PohtHehd link=topic=3567.msg14050#msg14050

Have you considered that not every Raider will be useful on every map?

In PvE Harec have no problem on any map, its easy to avoid problem with reloading.

That reloading issue make snipers helpless against almost any SKILLED antagonist on any map. Its very easy as almost any character to go close, and do anything, he have low HP, he have reloading issue - just cheap frag. He have disadvantage in melee.

Repairing that issue - just will give a little chance to win for skilled players.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 09:30:46 PM

I knew about tons of tacticians who will come here.

Ok, i am sniper, here is corridor based maps - Antags coming to me on in 10-20 meters. I have time for one shot, if i will hit him in head - i win, if not - i am dead, just because reload issue.
Shooting in head need a lot of skill, especially with gamepad.

Ok first of all why would you pick a sniper for a small corridor mission... And where is your team at? Just stay behind your teammates and the antag shouldn't be able to reach you unless they're stupid. Or use your ability to latch on to a wall etc.

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 11:59:32 PM
Is the way that is played, I struggled with Shae with that thing too, but you get used to it

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 03:01:46 PM
I see get what people are saying about not going into melee unprepared, but why have the sniper NOT be able to cancel their reload with melee when others can? It sounds broken to me given how fast paced the game is and how close quarters the maps can be when crowded with enemies. I'm with the original poster on this one.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 07:38:28 PM
Hmmm this one is tough. I can t say i haven't suffered from this. Ive been caught in the middle of reloads with Harec and Shae but not enough that its a serious problem.  Keep in mind Harec and Shae have the ability to kill you with one shot without having to get near you. Locals are great for ambushes and attacking you in your blind spot. "Stuck while reloading" just gives raiders and antags a chance to close the gap.

SomeGuy

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 09:28:42 PM
I play a lot of Harec (fite me), and it's a valid concern.

First off, if I take a shot at a distant enemy, zoom out, and there's a shotgunner while I'm stuffing another bullet in? I get to pull a squirrel with my cover... if I even can.  Some places are too open or too compressed, or there are simply too many guys swarming the area from every angle.

Second, Harec and Shae can and will remain quite possibly the worst in melee, unless you count corner pouncing.  Their total HP and resistance ensure this.  Their Stress Meter is there basically for show as a balance, meaning they can shift position unmolested of they're good enough.  Until they pull the trigger... Then everyone knows where they are, and now they can't defend themselves because they're reloading.

Third, I'm gimped in helping teammates.  This makes the game harder for YOU, too. I have to decide if I'm going to take a shot at a group of three encroaching me and my teammate, or jump into a 3-on-2 melee fight. I can't take the shot, kill one with it, then jump in and make the melee fight not terrible for that teammate.  It's take the shot, or take the melee risk.  Combine that with the above "they are the worst at melee."  I'd really like to be able to help that teammate completely rather than having to choose rock and hard place.

My 2 cents is to interrupt the reload, as it says.  You'll have to start the reload entirely over again if you interrupt it with a melee move.  For Shae, it'd interrupt the vent.  With Shae, too, it could actually provide some meta based on her weapon pressure (some weapons perform better with higher pressure, so players could actually manipulate this to improve her performance there).

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 11:36:51 PM
I know what you are saying. I understand. But i have faced similar situations. And the whole Aleph cool down thing really is a solid perk. Enemies completely lose track of where you are when your Aleph cools down, which gives you time to move and recover. Even if you are 3 feet from them crouching behind a wall.

In the case of 3 enemies vs 2 raiders. Even if the raider is the Harec and who ever else you should attack together. In the scenario you described the best course of action would be to go hand to hand if you are Harec.  Honestly its not a mechanic that makes Harec unplayable and can be easily over come with experience and ingenuity.

And in case you are taking into consideration high MMR matches most likely which ever character you are (except for maybe Hades Division) You are getting one shotted any way.