Author Topic: Spacelords Update 11.1 Patch Notes  (Read 9393 times)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Spacelords Update 11.1 Patch Notes
on: October 18, 2018, 05:48:43 PM

REWARDS

Bad streaks on Blueprint draws are rare thanks to the bonus chance after losing one Blueprint in a previous round, however, they are very unpleasing when they do happen. We've removed the loss of the Blueprint prize in the main map after losing the draw.

- One-time rewards are no longer consumed when you lose the draw.
- Mission requisite to get a Common Blueprint changed from "Win the mission" to "Score over 2"

ANTAGONIST

Playing as the Antagonist is meant to be challenging, but it's not meant to be a burden on the economy of the player. We've adjusted Antagonist's scores so that they will, on average, be similar to those of the Raiders and thus, earn the same amount of gold, faction points and have the same shot at blueprints as Raiders do. This means that Antagonist's scores may be well over 5 even when they lose the match if they perform good enough.

- Raider kills and match time now have more weight on score calculation.
- Antagonists can now get a scores above 5 even after losing a game.

MISSIONS

With the last patch we introduced a delay on using Dr.Kuzmann's levers without properly adressing the duration of Shae's electrocution. We're adressing this along with some extra touches on the Council Apocalypse campaign.

In Shock

- Greatly incrased Shae's electrocution duration.
- Decreased lever use time by 10%

A Breath of Hope

- Decreased Aleph charges needed on both second and third monolites by 10%
- Decreased Guardian's health by 10%

A Fistful of Sand

- Increased the Protector’s health by 10% 

The Beast's Lair

- Decreased General Marmalade's life when not playing against an antagonist by 10%

The Destroyer of Worlds

- Increased Aneska's life when playing against an antagonist by 10%

Upside Down

- Reduced Kuzmann's crab health by 10%

Mind Over Matter

- Decreased the required number of enemies to pass the Fifth Council's exam by 10%
- Increased enemie's spawn rate by 5%

FACTIONS

Locals
- Increased Locals' life regeneration speed by 100%

Fifth Council

- Lowered Fifth Council player character's resistance to shooter damage from 60% to 50%

CHARACTERS

Harec

- Decreased Stalk's cooldown by 35%
- Increased Vindicta Anima's damage by 5%
- Increased Vindicta Anima's reload speed by 15%
- Increased movement speed when aiming with Vindicta Anima by 20%
- Increased movement speed when aiming with Ignis Fugit by 20%

Doldren

- Increased KLT-13's damage by 5%
- Increased KLT-13's fall off distance by 10%
- Decreased Patient Boy's clip size by 1
- Decreased Patient Boy's fall off distance by 45%
- Decreased Patient Boy's reload speed by 7%
- Increased Bloody Mary's damage by 10%
- JK-5 can now perform Headshots (headshots instantly kill wounded characters)

Iune

- Last Wish can now perform Headshots (headshots instantly kill wounded characters)
- Sigh can now perform Headshots (headshots instantly kill wounded characters)

Valeria

- Decreased Little Girl's damage by 10%
- Decreased Little Girl's quantum projectile damage by 10%
- Decreased The Whip's damage by 20%
- Decreased The Whip's quantum projectile damage by 20%

Ginebra

- Decreased Hound's life from 60 to 50
- Decreased C33 SU-SCHLEUDER's damage by 5%
- Decreased JAVELIN URSA M-02's damage by 5%
- Decreased J.WHEEL M-11's damage by 10%

Ayana

- Increased Makilium's damage by 10%
- Increased Makilium's projectile re-check time to damage by 50%

Schneider

- Decreased Yama Boom Boom's damage by 5%

Konstantin

- Decreased Tolchok's damage by 5%

Hans

- Decreasad Heaven's Bane K8's damage by 5%

Rak

- Increased pishacha's regeneration cooldown by 20%
- Decreased Shepherd's damage by 5%

Alicia

- Decreased Rock&Roll's damage by 5%
- Decreased Rock&Roll's spread by 5%
- Decreased Rock&Roll's projectile explosion radius by 10%

Loath

- Decreased Bubble Gum's damage by 5%
- Increased Dragée's damage by 5%

H.I.V.E.

- Decreased Shy's clip by 1
- Decreased Shy's fire rate by 33%
- Increased Shy's infection time by 20%

CARDS

Locals

- Mystical Concentration: damage bonus increased from 25%/75% to 35%/100%
- Mystical Concentration (rare): damage bonus increased from 35%/75% to 50%/100%
- Patient: damage bonus increased from 60%/200% to 70%/250%. Required time to activate the card decreased from 6s to 4s.
- Patient (rare): damage bonus increased from 90%/200% to 110%/250%. Required time to activate the card decreased from 6s to 4s.
- Urgency: reload speed bonus increased from 70%/300% to 80%/300%
- Urgency (rare): reload speed bonus increased from 120%/300% to 80%/300%
- Abnegation: wounded time decrement bonus decreased from 30%/80% to 20%/60%
- Abnegation (rare): wounded time decrement bonus decreased from 50%/80% to 40%/60%
- Skill: reload speed bonus decreased from 13%/50% to 10%/30%
- Skill (rare): reload speed bonus decreased from 20%/50% to 15%/30%
- Merciless: damage bonus increased from 25%/80% to 35%/110%
- Merciless (rare): damage bonus increased from 40%/80% to 60%/110%
- At the last minute: damage bonus increased from 50%/150% to 60%/200%
- At the last minute (rare): damage bonus increased from 80%/150% to 100%/200%
- Lone vigilante: damage bonus increased from 50%/150% to 70%/250%
- Lone vigilante (rare): damage bonus increased from 80%/150% to 120%/250%

Fifth Council

- Failsafe: damage resistance bonus increased fro 30%/60% to 35%/60%
- Failsafe (rare): damage resistance bonus increased fro 40%/60% to 45%/60%
- Unlimited surge: activation time reduced from 60s to 40s
- Unlimited surge (rare): activation time reduced from 60s to 40s
- Effectiveness: damage bonus decreased from 5%/12% to 4%/12%
- Effectiveness (rare): damage bonus decreased from 7%/12% to 6%/12%
- Firewall: damage resistance bonus decreased from 40%/95% to 30%/90%
- Firewall (rare): damage resistance bonus decreased from 60%/95% to 45%/90%
- Reboot: regeneration bonus decreased from 110%/350% to 80%/300%
- Reboot (rare): regeneration bonus decreased from 170%/350% to 120%/300%

Hades Division

- Nerves of steel: reload speed bonus increased from 100%/400% to 120%/500%
- Nerves of steel (rare): reload speed bonus increased from 200%/400% to 240%/500%
- Charge: damage bonus increased from 15%/50% to 20%/60%
- Charge (rare): damage bonus increased from 20%/50% to 30%/60%
- Hard: damage resistance bonus increased from 25%/60% to 30%/60%
- Hard (rare): damage resistance bonus increased from 35%/60% to 40%/60%
- Cold blood: aleph meter shut off bonus decreased from 9s/120s to 8s/60s
- Cold blood (rare): aleph meter shut off bonus decreased from 16s/120s to 12s/60s
- Armor-plated ammo: damage bonus increased from 20%/40% to 25%/50%
- Armor-plated ammo (rare): damage bonus increased from 25%/40% to 35%/50%
- Spiral of violence: damage bonus decreased from 25%/60% to 15%/45%
- Spiral of violence (rare): damage bonus decreased from 35%/60% to 25%/45%
- Stealth: aleph meter attenuation bonus decreased from 35%/100% to 27%/100%
- Stealth (rare): aleph meter attenuation bonus decreased from 45%/100% to 37%/100%
- Professional: damage bonus increased from 30%/90% to 40%/100%
- Professional (rare): damage bonus increased from 45%/90% to 60%/100%
- Black belt: damage bonus decreased from 25%/65% to 17%/45%
- Black belt (rare): damage bonus decreased from 25%/65% to 25%/45%
- Survival: health bonus reduced from 80/240 to 60/200. Duration decreased from 10s to 8s
- Survival (rare): health bonus reduced from 120/240 to 90/200. Duration decreased from 10s to 8s

Umbra Wardogs

- Supreme tribal healing: regeneration speed bonus increased from 140%/500% to 160%/500%. Distance increased from 5m to 7m.
- Supreme tribal healing (rare): regeneration speed bonus increased from 250%/500% to 300%/500%. Distance increased from 5m to 7m.
- Natural selection: healing chance increased from 50%/100% to 55%/100%
- Motivation: damage resistance bonus decreased from 15%/40% to 12%/30%
- Motivation (rare): damage resistance bonus decreased from 22%/40% to 18%/30%
- Exacerbated: damage bonus increased from 60%/300% to 75%/300%
- Exacerbated (rare): damage bonus increased from 100%/300% to 140%/300%

BUG FIXES

- Fixed a bug that caused the main menu to freeze sometimes and block any possible action.
- Fixed a bug where the game was not giving PlayStation Plus’ associated skins to some users.
- Fixed a bug where the Antagonist could spawn in a different point than selected.
- Fixed a bug on Upside Down where the game could crash if the Raiders lost the match with an Elite soldier grab.
- Fixed several game crashes related to host migrations.
- Fixed a bug where Matchmaking was not working properly after cancelling a match in a squad.
- Fixed several bugs related to the squad system.
- Fixed a bug where Doldren's Bloody Mary was not resetting the score after reloading.
- Fixed a bug where if two Doldrens were on the same match with Bloody Mary, both weapons shared their score.
- Fixed a bug where Ginebra's S. Bogen C-A00 was not applying push correctly to Fifth Council's Elite Assault units.
- Fixed a bug where Lycus shield was not suffering damage from enemy bullets.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Re: Spacelords Update 11.1 Patch Notes
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 06:13:39 PM
So you're listening to the community complain, but you still don't understand the problems. Why are we still getting nothing for duplicate blueprints? Why are antagonists still allowed in Mentor matches? Why do raiders still score lower on average with an antagonist than without? On A Fistful of Sand what prevents the antag from simply killing the Protector? For the Tolchok, why doesn't a player get knockback immunity for 2s after it procs? (Nerfing its damage doesn't solve the problem.) You really buffed Patient?! (Was Doldren not OHKO'ing every character already?) ...

And yes I could keep going for a very long time.

While not all of the changes are bad, it appears as though MSE remains out of touch with the problems of the game. I mean on In Shock the issue is that Kuzman sits next to the switches so why not make him jump down farther away after activating them or allow him to aggro more easily? You have the data for the success rates after you changed this mission so you know that it had a dramatic effect when you made this (ninja) change.

I really enjoy Spacelords but it is starting to feel like a love-hate relationship. If you want the game to succeed, not just survive, then you need to make changes that let the player feel like they are being rewarded for playing even when they lose. You can add in-game achievements that reward small amounts of gold when you kill X, Y and Z enemies, successfully survive being downed, etc. Make these weekly/monthly so that only the most dedicated players ever reach the final goals.

In the end it has to be MSE that saves the game. And while the volume of changes is commendable, most of them seem inconsequential when major problems are still being ignored.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:15:50 PM by Hiero_Glyph »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 06:58:52 PM
So you're listening to the community complain, but you still don't understand the problems. Why are we still getting nothing for duplicate blueprints? Why are antagonists still allowed in Mentor matches? Why do raiders still score lower on average with an antagonist than without? On A Fistful of Sand what prevents the antag from simply killing the Protector? For the Tolchok, why doesn't a player get knockback immunity for 2s after it procs? (Nerfing its damage doesn't solve the problem.) You really buffed Patient?! (Was Doldren not OHKO'ing every character already?) ...

And yes I could keep going for a very long time.

While not all of the changes are bad, it appears as though MSE remains out of touch with the problems of the game. I mean on In Shock the issue is that Kuzman sits next to the switches so why not make him jump down farther away after activating them or allow him to aggro more easily? You have the data for the success rates after you changed this mission so you know that it had a dramatic effect when you made this (ninja) change.

I really enjoy Spacelords but it is starting to feel like a love-hate relationship. If you want the game to succeed, not just survive, then you need to make changes that let the player feel like they are being rewarded for playing even when they lose. You can add in-game achievements that reward small amounts of gold when you kill X, Y and Z enemies, successfully survive being downed, etc. Make these weekly/monthly so that only the most dedicated players ever reach the final goals.

In the end it has to be MSE that saves the game. And while the volume of changes is commendable, most of them seem inconsequential when major problems are still being ignored.

Calm down man. this is just a quick patch, not a major content patch. These are tweaks not system changes. Some of the things you, and I, are asking for are system changes and cannot be solved by a simple "teak". Thin of this as a small patch. Don't jump the gun yet. Some of these nerfs and buff s are good, some of them perplexing but not egregious, but we'll see. There will probably be more.

Patient boy wasn't the problem, Bloody Mary was. Harec and the Locals got a lot of good love here. BrentWoody will now change into his ultimate form because of this, thanks MSE.

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 06:59:28 PM
What really bugs me on a personal level is why nerf Ginebra AGAIN. If you are going to decrease her cougar froms health again then why not give her something in return? I would prefer having no aleph signature again or be able to move faster, but still why more unnecessary nerfs?

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 07:29:17 PM
Your hard work is appreciated MS. Keep up it. We look forward to more updates changes and fixes. Thank you.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 07:47:16 PM
Your hard work is appreciated MS. Keep up it. We look forward to more updates changes and fixes. Thank you.

Agreed. Thanks MSE, for communicating and updating. Can't wait for the future content.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 07:57:05 PM
I know they're trying but a lot of these changes are just.........

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 08:20:19 PM
Some bad/annoying stuff, but mostly a good patch.
But I am predicting, 5 patches from now, Shy will be a 1-shot sniper rifle with a 5 second reload  :'(

In discord people were wondering about the seemingly pointless Tolchok nerf, and I believe a more meaningful change is coming

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 08:42:36 PM
Draco with the Discord screenshot.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 09:10:10 PM
Just a balance patch, HA! I knew it. Thanks Draco, you always have the hookups.

There's more bigger changes coming people, keep your panties on.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 09:27:34 PM
Another round of nerfs, how fun…

Ginebra continues to get the Mercy treatment, how about this, maybe remove her transformation altogether and give her something else then, it seems the goal is for ppl not to use it.

And shy, what is wrong here, her clip was already tiny and her fire rate was slow, this is ridiculous, is this weapon gonna go the way of wisdom in a few patches, should the players just drop it now cause there’s no future for it? Damn this one really pisses me off.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 09:36:51 PM
Why don't you guys take Ginebra completely out of the game? With the many Ginebra nerfs somebody has to be surprised that she is still in the game. Poor kitty, get back in your cage and stay there.   >:( :'(

And now you can probably throw HIVE's Shy into the bin too.  >:( :'(

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 09:39:28 PM
Another round of nerfs, how fun…

Ginebra continues to get the Mercy treatment, how about this, maybe remove her transformation altogether and give her something else then, it seems the goal is for ppl not to use it.

And shy, what is wrong here, her clip was already tiny and her fire rate was slow, this is ridiculous, is this weapon gonna go the way of wisdom in a few patches, should the players just drop it now cause there’s no future for it? Damn this one really pisses me off.

I think their intention for Ginebra was for her Cougar form to be an escape method, or a general fast way to do mission objectives. Before it was also being used as an easy way to execute opponents. Javalin them for one hit across the map in safety, then run to them while their still wounded transform, eat the damage because you can, then finish them. This didn't allow the other player (raider or antag) to recover. So they nerfed it to 60 health, which I think was enough.

they nerfed it again to 40. I'm only guessing the reason is because of how she can negate the threat of the Survive mode. Everyone else will be dead except Ginebra and the antag has 80 seconds to kill her but cant because she runs around the map evading everything. i think this was a bit too powerful for antags to deal with, so if they reduce the health it will take less to kill her in cougar form and force her to have to stop more.

Which i think is fair. Ginebra is one of my mains and I can still operate with escape and snipe tactics with these nerfs. I just can't do the cheap stuff she used to, and that's fine, that was too strong. I always thought she was REALLY strong in most situations.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 09:45:46 PM
Ginebra was virtually immune from nerfs since her introduction into the game until very recently, when the cat form HP first went down. She has always been the Easy Button when it comes to survivals, just run around like crazy during every timer and you stall the game until you win. Cat form has always needed some kind of rebalance. This isn't the way I would have done it, but it's nice to see something.

Anyways she got a lot of nerfs but they were all very small, all 5's and 10's. Is it really a problem if your Javelin does 950 damage instead of 1k? 5% damage is basically nothing.

The one change that I particularly dislike, aside from Shy, is Rak's pichaca nerf. Changes like these hit antags disproportionately higher than raiders, because antags spend much of their time dead, not alive and charging their power. It can often be hard to use certain powers AT ALL as antag, such as Blitzfaust. Rak can't even hide when he spawns, being a wardog, he will be under fire the moment he comes in. So now it takes him even longer from respawn to have a chance. I believe abilities that have to charge up from 0 need to carry over their charge levels between deaths, or spawn with a low amount, like 1 in the tank.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 11:31:50 PM
It’s gone too far, what’s the point of her cougar damage reduction card for example if she only has 50hp, anything that even looks at her funny is gonna take her down, now she doesn’t even have stealth to counteract her squishiness, her inability to stealth was the worse nerf they gave her. She also just got an indirect nerf like all 5th council, why reduce council armor yet again? Idk, unless mmr is super low, I’ve never really felt that tanky when playing them… at any decent mmr, you have to play them like a very slow Hades, if anything they should have gotten a resistance buff.

Instead of all this hp and stealth nerf nonsense, they should have given her a timer on how long she can remain in cougar, once the timer is up she would be forced out of it, she would be able to immediately go back to cougar if she wants but that would make her a sitting duck for a few seconds if she abuses it to run around during survival. I admit I wouldn’t be all that happy even with this solution, but imo it would be better than what has been done to her.

I very rarely see a Ginebra nowadays (I abandoned her too I admit), I think I even see more Loaht players… so I’m guessing there’s a very large but silent portion of the player base that thinks her nerfs have gone too far.