Author Topic: Spacelords Update 11.1 Patch Notes  (Read 9392 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Spacelords Update 11.1 Patch Notes
Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 11:42:33 PM
Instead of all this hp and stealth nerf nonsense, they should have given her a timer on how long she can remain in cougar, once the timer is up she would be forced out of it, she would be able to immediately go back to cougar if she wants but that would make her a sitting duck for a few seconds if she abuses it to run around during survival. I admit I wouldn’t be all that happy even with this solution, but imo it would be better than what has been done to her.

That's pretty much what I would prefer too. Something duration/time based to limit infinite cat or spamming the mode. She barely has a reason to use her normal walk speed.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 11:55:16 PM
Actually I would be playing Ginebra still now if I could. I don't because I'm farming faction for other characters for certain cards. She's my favorite character to play. Still is.

I don't mind the nerf as much because I play her differently than how I used to. I'll admit, it was nice sniping an antag or elite from ALLLL THE WAAYY across the map, then bursting over there with a 40% speed boost while they're still wounded, transform back, while eating the damage they're shooting me with like it's nothing and then executing them. I laughed back then and told myself, "This is so cheap, they are going to nerf this one day." and they did, as they should.

But you just run and gun now. Snipe from afar, when they get near, run away and then snipe again. She's still FANTASTIC. There are also cards you can use to make her cougar form good, I think they just want you to sacrifice card power for that same thing we previously got, and that's fair.

I use the Council Card that gives a 20% damage boost for 100% health and the Ginebra card that gives her a 40% speed boost for a few seconds (which is a lot at that speed). I use this in conjunction with the Javalin. The Javalin already does a lot from far away, when you have 100% health and full tension this wrecks targets and downs almost everything that's not a boss. Opponents have no chance in catching you when you run away from them because 40% of already fast is fast AF. You don't want to be near them with the Javelin anyways, as it does abysmal damage up close. You might like this build, who knows. I found it suffers little from her nerfs.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 03:08:05 PM
I'm sorry but I have to be honest... This update and changes are terrible, nobody asked for any of these changes.. We've been asking for duplicate blueprints to be changed, buffs to weak guns, and mentor matches to be adjusted so that antagonist can't join them, more faction points/gold rewards, reduction of blueprint reforging cost, etc but none of these things that the community have been asking for have been addressed. I get that they're a small group of devs but why are they nerfing things nobody asked to be nerfed or buffed, while completely ignoring the things that need to be changed asap. The only thing in this patch notes that the community actually asked to be fixed is the in shock switches and that's it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:11:26 PM by Tekato »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 05:31:57 PM
I'm sorry but I have to be honest... This update and changes are terrible, nobody asked for any of these changes.. We've been asking for duplicate blueprints to be changed, buffs to weak guns, and mentor matches to be adjusted so that antagonist can't join them, more faction points/gold rewards, reduction of blueprint reforging cost, etc but none of these things that the community have been asking for have been addressed. I get that they're a small group of devs but why are they nerfing things nobody asked to be nerfed or buffed, while completely ignoring the things that need to be changed asap. The only thing in this patch notes that the community actually asked to be fixed is the in shock switches and that's it.

While I share some of your concerns on some issues, not all buffs or nerfs have to be asked for. The players are not unbiased perfect computers capable of knowing precisely what should and shouldn't be nerfed and buffed. We have anecdotal experiences, which is good and we can bring up an issue we've seen. They have the overall data, win rates, damage numbers, overall faction success and failure, etc... and so will make adjustments based on their data as well as out feedback. Just because no one asked for it doesn't mean it wasn't needed.

AGAIN,  share a lot of your concerns and ideas. But I don't think the issues I am concerned about should be the only issues addressed or the even the most important of central issues. Some of the buffs I agreed with, some I didn't. Some nerfs I agreed with and some I didn't. And a lot I didn't have any opinion either way. Remember this is only a balance patch.