Author Topic: Objective resets on Host Migration should be fixed  (Read 2665 times)

lokoangel48

• View Profile
Objective resets on Host Migration should be fixed
on: October 26, 2018, 09:50:37 AM
It doesn't matter how rarely it occurs, this should happen at all.

There have been games as a Raider/Antagonist where we can be near close winning the Mission but something unfortunate happens, something that we cannot block,evade,attack,avoid..Host migration

Whenever a Host migration happens it resets the current mission objective from any point it is (half way, almost complete), back to where it started. This causes problems for Raiders and Antagonist

With the obvious being having the Host game crash or anything that causes his game to disconnect near the end of an Objective. Like you can put 20 minutes in on a mission, slowly trying to beat the hardest part but if a migration happens that just kills all the motivation to complete the mission.

Or as an antagonist, you can be kicking their asses, bringing Loaths house almost to destruction but if the Host intentionally leaves knowing that if he comes back the house HP will be full. Like why even bother trying to win if the next Host does the same thing, that is just straight up abusing/exploiting a game mechanic system to their favor.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsu6Y39Uzb0

Not saying this should be fixed immediately, but it is a problem that should be considered having a change sometime in the future.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Objective resets on Host Migration should be fixed
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 01:18:42 PM
Hi lokoangel48,

We understand this is a discouraging situation. It happens when the host has a bad connection, but it's true this is beyond our control.

As you mentioned, the players who do this reset the progress but it makes no sense since the rewards become lower. Still, if you see a team of players taking advantage of the host migration, please, let us know and we'll investigate it. You can send an email to spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com attaching a screenshot or a video.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Jester278

• View Profile
Re: Objective resets on Host Migration should be fixed
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 08:50:27 PM
Glad I saw this as I just reported it as cheating, since my second antag mission ended in failure after I had everyone pinned down. They were losing & so the host disconnected & rejoined & I no longer had the advantage I worked hard to gain. The first 2 thirds of the match, I was losing, the last part had me stopping everyone from reaching the end until that disconnect & reconnect.
I will be taking names and/or videos in future!