Author Topic: Level 500 antag  (Read 9330 times)

Jenetikz

• View Profile
Level 500 antag
on: October 15, 2018, 09:00:09 AM
LOL really.... the mission didn't even last 5 minutes.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Level 500 antag
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 09:48:15 AM
I'm  sure you guys put up a good fight though.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 04:33:23 PM
How do people even grind to lv 500 without dying of boredom. After lv 200 you don't get any stronger since you're max forge and stats. So at around lv 250+ you should have pretty much every character and weapons that you want unlocked/maxed out. I really don't see myself playing this game much after lv 300.

I mean don't get me wrong, game is fun and all but damn lv 500 that'll take a while.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:34:57 PM by Tekato »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 05:48:01 PM
NO!! It'fun. Stop your complaining, this is FUN goddamn it. PvP isn't the problem, YOU are the problem. High level opponents with maxed out weapons, stats and rare cards is just an excuse. You being in a mentor match with a baby Harecs and two pre level 100 players is an excuse. GUT GUD! And don't complain because this is the "vision" and how it's supposed to be. You BETTER have fun with this scenario, because it's blasphemy to think otherwise and it will always be your fault.
/s

Again, PvP should be optional. We clearly can't trust the system to work.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:20:42 PM by Level9Drow »

Agent-Z46

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 07:48:56 PM
NO!! It'fun. Stop your complaining, this is FUN goddamn it. PvP isn't the problem, YOU are the problem. High level opponents with maxed out weapons, stats and rare cards is just an excuse. You being in a mentor match with a baby Harecs and two pre level 100 players is an excuse. GUT GUD! And don't complain because this is the "vision" and how it's supposed to be. You BETTER have fun with this scenario, because it's blasphemy to think otherwise and it will always be your fault.
/s

Again, PvP should be optional. We clearly can't trust the system to work.

All they said was that they lost. Why are you trying to turn this into something it isn't?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 08:55:06 PM
They said it took less than 5 minutes. This would imply they aren't pleased with this, otherwise they wouldn't have posted if they felt going against a level 500 was normal. My response was based on the ongoing criticism of those who point out that PvP should be optional. People state things like "this is a core mechanic...", "the devs are sticking with PvP, get over it..." and "you just need to accept it and git gud...". I pointing out that this is another example of those arguments not holding any water. Clearly there is a problem.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 09:33:14 PM
I wonder how many times you used the "Git Gud" as one of your examples, you bring it up alot. Don't you think your a little over the top, I can picture you with a Megaphone at MS studios trying to get there attention lol. srry

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 10:06:43 PM
I wonder how many times you used the "Git Gud" as one of your examples, you bring it up alot. Don't you think your a little over the top, I can picture you with a Megaphone at MS studios trying to get there attention lol. srry

There was a very long thread discussing optional antags and one of the forced antag supporters actually made the 'git gud' argument. So while it may seem overused, it is actually an argument made in defense of antags.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 10:24:58 PM
Oh, I always heard it from Drow only but yeah it is a weak explanation.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 10:33:45 PM
Oh, I always heard it from Drow only but yeah it is a weak explanation.

It was sarcasm. Of course I think "git gud" is a terrible response to people who are lamenting PvP, I'm one of those people who would like optional PvP. But I have been told on numerous occasion on these forums to "git gud" in response.

So no, I don't think it's over the top for me to parody those who have said it. No more than it was over the top for them to say it in the first place. And if you think it's over the top for THEM to say it then that's precisely my point.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:35:22 PM by Level9Drow »

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 10:43:30 PM
Let us all just git gud.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 11:45:48 PM
So, once you get to a high level, you are no longer allowed to play the game, so says the community. How dare someone enjoy the experience

Cool. Got it.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 11:51:48 PM
So, once you get to a high level, you are no longer allowed to play the game, so says the community. How dare someone enjoy the experience

Cool. Got it.

So here's a question for you... is it fair for a level 500 antag to play against low level players?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 11:55:13 PM

Cool. Got it.

no one's saying that. I think people above level 150 should only fight people above level 150 in general. Sure, the level 500 could claim the right to want to play the game, but the level 20 also has the right to hate it because as we know, it is unfair.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 11:56:31 PM
My thoughts exactly, what are we supposed to do, retire to mentor matches and forget about Pvp. Yes it was unfortunate though that, that had happened and he should of Antagged someone more his level but either side isn't really at fault. As it stands this is how it is and hopefuly things change for the better.