Author Topic: MMR Madness  (Read 2173 times)

Azazel6

• View Profile
MMR Madness
on: October 14, 2018, 08:39:59 AM
I'm at MMR 49% and i don't notice the value of rewards being different? I sure as hell can tell the difference in difficulty and enemies. I just had a the match short fused with a couple of lvl 100s and the respawn for enemies must have been every 10 seconds. Is MMR broken or what?

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: MMR Madness
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:06:16 AM
The rewards stay the same, so having a high MMR has no advantage or benefit (on the reward screen) and keeping it low is a lot more nerve sparing (e.g. playing against a low MMR antag).

Example:
MMR 35%, Gamescore 8.5 = 3500 Gold
MMR 65%, Gamescore 8.5 = 3500 Gold

It also doesn't make any difference in playing a mission with or without an Antag, because the rewards are staying the same. Makes you wonder why?
Why playing the missions on higher difficulty or under more difficult circumstances, if you are not getting rewarded for doing so.

So, the reward system really should be revised urgently!

Azazel6

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 04:23:26 AM
Really? I've played games where i get 9 an above and gold never amounted to above 2200. They really need to fix this

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:54:50 AM
Using bounty hunter weapons in team is helping a lot for gaining gold. The higher bounty hunter percentage the better.  In the best case, if everyone in the team uses a maxed out Bounty Hunter weapon, you can get great rewards.   ;)

Velgeder

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 07:30:19 PM
I'm  glad I came to this thread, cause I wondered about mmr in correlation to rewards. All this time I was striving to get my mmr above fifty, but there is no reward increase.

The difficulty is outrageous on some levels once you get in the 40s. Heck Ginebra and Valeria felt as squishy as the locals imo.

xXGigglesXx

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 10:00:10 AM
Technically a higher mmr means that you can score a higher rating as difficulty is one of the scoring sections. In reality, the higher difficulty slows you down which offsets any gains you may get from high mmr