Author Topic: I am just curious, what dev's concider as "extremly cheap"?  (Read 4261 times)

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
For example, Friday the 13th in Russia (with regional discounts) costs 12$ in steam. And that is not cheap at all, it's average full price of the game. Many indie games cost a lot less. Month income in all other post-soviet countries even lower, so people there won't buy game for higher price than russian. So, what price can be counted as "extremly cheap" in this situation? 1-3$ per season?

BluWolve

• View Profile
Just a guess, but I would say "extremely cheap" means in comparison to the average full price game.

In Australia, an Xbox one AAA new release usually costs about $100 AUD. The cheapest games release at about $40 AUD.

My guess would be that each episode will be at the $40 AUD price mark or cheaper. It is more than likely a full version with a season pass will release with access to each episode as it releases for a cheaper overall price as well, that version would be up around the $100 AUD mark.

Just pure speculation and probably does not help PC players or people in different countries but thats my guess on pricing

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Both of you are going to be surprised  :)

Streah

• View Profile
I literally registered for the forums to respond to this first. I love when devs do this. That and when you see Kid Dracula, you know things are serious. I assume it's gonna be a price point of US 19.99 or 24.99 for the Season Pass thing? (and now we play the guessing game.. kinda like price is right, with less risk).. though ideally and based on the rebellious nature of the game, my low numbers are 9.99 for the game and 14.99 USD for the season pass version.

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Both of you are going to be surprised  :)

I hope it will be a pleasant surprise >_<

May i also ask you to personally look into setting prices instead of using steam recommended price? Because of that feature almost all games in Ukraine cost 80% than games in Russia, seems like steam staff are too lazy to check economic situations before setting recommended values. That leads to stupid situation when most people from Ukraine don't buy games directly from Steam, and waiting for the re-sellers, because anyway that copy is region locked for both Russia and Ukraine, and if there is no difference except price - why pay almost twice more, if your country is even more poor?

So please, don't be one of those guys who just pressing recommended buttons when setting the price.