Author Topic: Antagonist Feedback  (Read 3858 times)

TehMud

• View Profile
Antagonist Feedback
on: May 28, 2017, 05:34:43 AM
Something I found on the first multiplayer mission where you rescue Lycus.  It probably also applies to other parts as well. But in the last area the Raiders can just camp the spawn point against an antagonist and we can't do anything. It's just a hallway and there aren't any routes or anything to get past the spray of bullets.

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist Feedback
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:16:52 PM
Not sure if you know but the Antagonist can choose multiple respawn points :-) Just scroll left and right to pick one to your advantage!

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 06:10:01 AM
Oh no I know that. The RAIDERS spawn at the start of a hallway. There is no alternate route behind them. If they choose they can respawn, and just camp the end of that hallway until they feel they are ready to press forward, or just wait out until they have Max Aleph again.

As an Antagonist I may be able to spawn wherever but if the Raiders spawn at the start of a narrow hallway with not alternate route to get behind them it's very frustrating.

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 09:26:29 AM
Yep, that's pretty easy to camp that position until your shuttle returns with more aleph. Antagonist are forced to run on your bullets, and even if it will be Lucus with his shield - anyway he don't have a chance even in 1v2 melee, and if there is more of players still alive?

Same problematic area is when they waiting for the elevator - you can spawn on several points, yeah, but all of them are on the opposite side of the elevator, and players will either shoot you with turrets, or just unload all weapons as soon as you jump out of cover because your position is obvious, there is no way to flank them undetected.

On the second map, second boss area is not so bad as previous one, but it's huge open ground, and you must be really lucky to reach someone in close range (if you not playing sniper character) before being detected. At least boss there sometimes takes real attention from the players, but still it's hard to fight on such an open ground, where you have little chances of approaching undetected.

Rest of the areas seems better, because they have spawn points both behind and ahead raiders, and sometimes even above. That works good because they can't just lock on your position with whole team, they don't know for sure from where you will attack.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 08:23:01 AM
I know it's an old thread.

In the first map of the first mission if the raiders do that they will lose the mission because lycus will die. They are forced to push forward if they want to succeed.

The only thing you need to do is not to push that way and clear the main zone. That map is one of the ones I had more problems against antagonists. It is the map where I had the worst loses so far, and the map I find more difficult to pass from that mission, the next zone is easier IMO. Only because you can't let lycus die.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:27:48 AM by Ebisu_rkz »

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 02:26:45 PM
I know it's an old thread.

In the first map of the first mission if the raiders do that they will lose the mission because lycus will die. They are forced to push forward if they want to succeed.

The only thing you need to do is not to push that way and clear the main zone. That map is one of the ones I had more problems against antagonists. It is the map where I had the worst loses so far, and the map I find more difficult to pass from that mission, the next zone is easier IMO. Only because you can't let lycus die.

Yeah I'm noticing that too as Antagonist. I'll finally get into a match and want to try a new Character as Antagonist, buuuuut they don't know the mission too well and Lycus goes dead pretty quick before I can do much really.

Zenatsu

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 04:55:51 PM
After a few rounds as Antagonist i've noticed the raidiers always got the advantage..
1.There's need to be a time limit to missions - I've had rounds where im holding the raider back for over 30 mins in the same location but unable to kill them in the 30 secs respawn cooldown because they all just camped their spawn and there's no way to get them there in most cases.. Even after fucking 6 times the ship goes to refuel i ended up losing at the end for having over 80 kills that match. Just stupid.

2. Raiders spawn needs to change they're too safe in there, keep mobs out of their other spawns but let the damn Antag be able to kill them.

3. On some maps the Antag spawn location is just horrible.. That + materalization gives enough time for their whole team to notice you. 3rd area(elevator) on the first map is the best example..spawn location are where the raiders usually stay and there's no way to win there as an Antag.

4. Materialization for Antag needs to be lower than normal because above reason.. Either give more freedom for spawn points or reduce the materialization by alot.

Those are my top issues for now. Antag is nothing more of a gimmic for now as in most cases it offers little to none of a threat to a decent team with all the hinders Antagonist gets. Only stealth Antag are viable right now never seen anyone even tickling a Raider group with non stealth.

Also what is the actual purpose of an Antagonist? other then griefing right now? and that leaderboards.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:01:45 PM by Zenatsu »