Author Topic: Faction points grind needs adjustment  (Read 9691 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Faction points grind needs adjustment
on: October 10, 2018, 01:04:40 AM
This is just getting more and more ridiculous the more characters you unlock. Earning 1-2k per match is not nearly enough when you need to spend more than 100k points per character, just to get maybe 1 or 2 rare cards that you actually want. At least the gold grind can be somewhat alleviated by using bounty hunter on your weapons and you actually know what you're getting when you purchase things with gold. Unlike cards which are completely random and can take even more than 200k if you're unlucky enough.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Faction points grind needs adjustment
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 01:13:23 AM
Agreed, it's too slow.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 03:02:25 AM
The issue is duplicates. It would be tolerable if getting a card in a shuffle prevented you from getting a duplicate with a different experience modifier, but all too often you get 2-3 of the same card per shuffle. Also, you should be able to pay gold/faction to set a single card as preferred increasing the chance that it will appear in your hand. And lastly, there should be a way to pay to upgrade/reroll the experience modifier of a locked card.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 03:46:39 AM
The issue is duplicates. It would be tolerable if getting a card in a shuffle prevented you from getting a duplicate with a different experience modifier, but all too often you get 2-3 of the same card per shuffle. Also, you should be able to pay gold/faction to set a single card as preferred increasing the chance that it will appear in your hand. And lastly, there should be a way to pay to upgrade/reroll the experience modifier of a locked card.
These are all great ideas and i hope they get added but it would take a while to implement, so in the meantime they should increase the faction point rewards.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:00:07 AM
These are all great ideas and i hope they get added but it would take a while to implement, so in the meantime they should increase the faction point rewards.

I'm not disagreeing, but it's good that you realize increasing faction gain is a like treating a cold with a cough drop, it may work but it won't get rid of the cold. Still, a cough drop is better than incessant coughing.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 11:16:53 AM
The RNG card system totally needs to be reworked (one way or the other), you can spend hundreds of thousands of points without getting the card you want, which is more than frustrating. This is ridiculous with the few faction points you get per game. And a card shuffle is also not exactly cheap (4800!!!)!  :(

hadrold

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 12:46:01 PM
I already mentioned this in another post but as of now you have a 4/36 and a 4/42 chance of getting the cards you want. The "4" is taken from the fact you have "4" card slots the "36"and "42" are taken from the number of cards in each deck, (36 weapon cards and 42 character cards), now take into account the "duplicates" that you and the changes get even worse, you still keep the same "4" because you still only have 4 card but the deck size just doubled or even tripled giving a 4/72 or 4/84 chance or a 4/108 or 4/126 chance ( if my maths is right lol), depending which deck your rolling. This doesnt mean that after 108 rerolls your gonna get that card cos your not cos no matter how many times you roll and how much it costs to do each  roll, the cards are drawn at "random" and the there are 36 and 42 cards (respectively) in each deck and these can be duplicated multiple times making it even less likely you will get the card you want and if they introduce more cards these will add more duplicates and its a rinse n reapeat scenario with no end in sigh and not really anythin to work towards, a sense of progression something worthwhile. What i propose is this... Instead of "random roll" replace it with "choice" and instead of reducing the price, increase it and even expand on it ( from 4800 faction an 0 gold) like it is now, to 48000 faction and 10000 gold/card/choice, with this players get to pick "1" card from the deck at a cost of 48k faction and or 10k gold (just an example) this applies each time you change a card. This way you still have a hefty grind to get the faction (and or gold) to change cards but atleast it gives you a goal, somethin to work towards and your not doing it for nothin. Keep the randon roll for the xp boosts that come with them an maybe throw faction in there aswell, instead an xp boost you get faction boost or you could get an xp and faction boost but to slightly less effect (xp boost max =20%, faction boost max =20 %, xp and faction boost =15%), but give each boost the same chance to roll.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 05:07:27 PM
Hi guys,

The Shuffle system is something we would like to improve in future patches in order to make it more balanced. Thank you very much for your concerns.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 05:02:18 PM
It's been months already and this is still an issue how difficult is it to adjust the faction points really? I know it takes a very long time to develop a new card system but this is the least you can do in the meantime.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 08:06:11 PM
I think the worst part of this is that it has no effect on monetization because you don't sell faction points for real money. So it's just grindy for the sake of being grindy, which I can only see as another pointless negative thing. It's almost like this game just wants to fail by constantly screwing people over.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:07:58 PM by Tekato »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 10:16:25 PM
I understand what you mean. Implementing anything that would help alleviate grievances in the game takes way too long. Even implementing temporary stop-gap solutions would be better than waiting 2-3 months for systems that aren't that well thought out.

MSE_Karen

• MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 12:27:10 PM
Hi again guys,

The plan to improve the shuffle system remains in place but, as you know, we are focused on the Spacelords' roadmap and the new characters, like Aneska and Sööma. There are a lot of stuff we want to implement eventually but remember we are a small studio and, as you commented before, big changes take time to apply since we need to test them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:21:15 PM by MSE_Karen »

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 02:45:01 PM
… The plan to improve the suffle system …

You certainly meant the "suffering system", right?

But thanks anyway for the future changes to the card system (hopefully good ones) - rather late than never!

MSE_Karen

• MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 03:23:27 PM
Oh my! I meant the shuffle system, thanks for noticing. We'll keep you guys updated ;)

Litch

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:29 PM
Hi again guys,

The plan to improve the shuffle system remains in place but, as you know, we are focused on the Spacelords' roadmap and the new characters, like Aneska and Sööma. There are a lot of stuff we want to implement eventually but remember we are a small studio and, as you commented before, big changes take time to apply since we need to test them.

I did think it was a small studio, makes sense in the amount of time between updates. i have one thought though. If a game has many broken elements that is leading to old players quitting due to tedious mechanics and new players quitting due to similar reasons. Then surely based upon a free to play game design, you would want to increase the playerbase first and foremost over adding new content to the game.

Thus making more money for the company, with then said resources to put out better new content.

i mean the way your going about it, betime the 3rd character comes out, you might be the only people playing it. Ideally in my eyes fixing the problem before it gets worse is far better than adding fluff to a broken game?