Author Topic: Lvl 1 Against Level 100 - 400 Antags  (Read 2238 times)

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
Lvl 1 Against Level 100 - 400 Antags
on: October 08, 2018, 10:55:04 PM
Ik this horse has been beat to death but im REALLY getting sick of this crap. Has this been adress by MSE at all?

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Re: Lvl 1 Against Level 100 - 400 Antags
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:06:03 PM
Acknowledged yes, but no official plans have been revealed to the community.

It's sad because all they need to do is make mentor matches never have an antag and they go from something players avoid to something players want. It's one of the easiest win-win scenarios ever.

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:17:10 PM
Acknowledged yes, but no official plans have been revealed to the community.

It's sad because all they need to do is make mentor matches never have an antag and they go from something players avoid to something players want. It's one of the easiest win-win scenarios ever.
my thoughts exactly. Now anytime i get a mentor mission i wonder who the antag will be.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:05:03 AM
Scope it out.

In every game with PVP you will get matches you will lose and matches you will win. If your MMR is high then the game thinks you are very good at the game. If it is low then it thinks that you are not.

Here is the twist.

MMR, high or low, doesn't affect how well you can play the game. It doesn't affect your character's stats. Your MMR can be sky high but it doesn't mean you are skillful or leveled up enough to handle that content.

If your MMR is 20-30% and you are running into level 150+ antagonists then, yeah, that is unfair. But, that doesn't ever happen to me when I am at 20-30% MMR.

If you are at 40-50% MMR and you are running into level 150+ antagonists then, yeah, that is fair. You are telling the game you can handle the bottom 40-50% of players with a reliable chance of victory.

It takes very little effort to get up to 40% MMR and only slightly more effort to get to 50%. Because the MMR increases even when you complete non-PVP content. Even if you are dying left and right and get carried, it will increase if the team wins. This is the biggest problem. Because it takes people who have not acquired enough skill or experience into the higher difficulties.

Since people are egocentric they will tend to believe they got to that MMR fair and square and then are baffled when they are stomped into the ground by a high level antagonist. This happens a lot. The problem is that people fail to grasp the meaning of the MMR system. How it can be manipulated and what it means to have high and low percentages.

Also, I see this a lot and I have to say; level 400 is as meaningless as level 200. All it means is that they played the game a lot which, sure, could mean they are better players but they are still constrained by MMR which will not take into account their player level, at least not in any significant way. Your passive stats max out at level 150 and you get your last Forge level at 199. Someone being level 700000000000 doesn't make them any stronger than a level 199.

My point is no one in this thread has said what MMR and what player level they are so it is impossible to determine if it was unfair or not. But at MMRs above 40% you should be expecting a difficult time ahead, mentor match or not.

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:11:47 AM
Scope it out.

In every game with PVP you will get matches you will lose and matches you will win. If your MMR is high then the game thinks you are very good at the game. If it is low then it thinks that you are not.

Here is the twist.

MMR, high or low, doesn't affect how well you can play the game. It doesn't affect your character's stats. Your MMR can be sky high but it doesn't mean you are skillful or leveled up enough to handle that content.

If your MMR is 20-30% and you are running into level 150+ antagonists then, yeah, that is unfair. But, that doesn't ever happen to me when I am at 20-30% MMR.

If you are at 40-50% MMR and you are running into level 150+ antagonists then, yeah, that is fair. You are telling the game you can handle the bottom 40-50% of players with a reliable chance of victory.

It takes very little effort to get up to 40% MMR and only slightly more effort to get to 50%. Because the MMR increases even when you complete non-PVP content. Even if you are dying left and right and get carried, it will increase if the team wins. This is the biggest problem. Because it takes people who have not acquired enough skill or experience into the higher difficulties.

Since people are egocentric they will tend to believe they got to that MMR fair and square and then are baffled when they are stomped into the ground by a high level antagonist. This happens a lot. The problem is that people fail to grasp the meaning of the MMR system. How it can be manipulated and what it means to have high and low percentages.

Also, I see this a lot and I have to say; level 400 is as meaningless as level 200. All it means is that they played the game a lot which, sure, could mean they are better players but they are still constrained by MMR which will not take into account their player level, at least not in any significant way. Your passive stats max out at level 150 and you get your last Forge level at 199. Someone being level 700000000000 doesn't make them any stronger than a level 199.

My point is no one in this thread has said what MMR and what player level they are so it is impossible to determine if it was unfair or not. But at MMRs above 40% you should be expecting a difficult time ahead, mentor match or not.
sorry but what does that have to do with level 1 players going up against them? Thats the main point of the thread which you seemed to miss.
This isnt CoD where you can just pick it up to point and shoot. This game has a learning curve that new players need to get good at before being put against veteran players. I (as a level 76) dont mind level 400 antags because I know the game. Rookies on the other hand dont. Thats the point
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:27:04 AM by XenoBladeX-3 »