Author Topic: Reward system needs overhaul.  (Read 16179 times)

Keyixa

• View Profile
Re: Reward system needs overhaul.
Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 05:58:16 PM
So, you'll unlock my thread despite my decision but you won't change the god awful "reward" system? Yea, thanks! You can forget about it, I'm done.

You can keep your "reward" (like you can even call it that, I'd rather be in a coma than having to waste my time with this slot machine system) system the way it is. It's clear enough by the developer response you don't want to change it anyway but you'd unlock the thread regardless. I won't be wasting my time with this, plenty of other games with even instanced reward systems and there's plenty of grief there as well, I don't need to get a headache each time I finish a mission.

MetelStar

• View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 08, 2017, 12:08:18 AM
I think it's actually a good idea to keep this subject unlocked because, whether the devs decides to make radical changes to it or not, this is STILL a very good subject to discuss; locking it simply because people don't agree with your viewpoint doesn't seem like such a proper use for it. If the rewards system is so irksome to you that it would keep you from playing the game then... well, that's your decision to make for yourself, enough said about that.

As for the subject of the reward system itself, here's what I think of it; I've only played a good several games for the first two days I've been able to play it (and that was two weeks ago) so I don't feel confident enough to speak about ways to change it. However, I can understand that trying to grind for a particular reward when it can shrink drastically because everyone else wants can be, at the very least, annoying at times. So here's my personal strategy for whenever I feel like grinding out a particular currency (ie gold, character points and faction points, if I'm remembering right); don't pick the mission that offers the most of whichever currency you're grinding. Instead, pick the mission with the second-highest or even the third-highest amount.

The logic towards this idea is, by selecting the mission that gives the most of a currency you're grinding for, you are very likely to be grouped up with people who are ALSO grinding for that particular currency. Given that there are no blueprints that others are able to snatch (assuming the bug mentioned by WYRDBOY is fixed, hopefully), chances are you'll be fighting against everyone else for a grab of the main pot, thus having to split it with whoever has chosen it.
However, if you go and grind for your desired currency in a different mission than one that offers the most of it- like say, picking a mission with biggest reward being faction points over gold- more likely than not, people will be going for the faction pot instead of the gold pot. It's by no means guaranteed that no one else will pick the reward pot as you still, but it should be less likely than if you try to grind for gold in a mission that rewards mostly gold. Depending on the mission, it might even be possible to get a bigger chunk with no or one split in the former mission than splitting it between three or four in the latter.

tl;dr While some improvements can certainly be made to the current reward system, there are still ways to get more of your currencies by simply choosing missions that gives a little less of what you're looking for than those that gives you the most of it, simply because people are more likely to bet on whichever pot's the biggest for that mission.

Though I cannot say how effective this will be in the long run, I can at least say it is worth trying during the beta and the initial release of the game to see how well it would actually work out. This is merely an idea based on probability, after all; by the time most people start to catch on this thought-process, there could be plenty of other missions with varying amounts of different rewards, so it's uncertain whether that will assist with said thought-process or not.

Zenatsu

• View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 15, 2017, 03:02:28 PM
It's a horrible system and it needs to change. I think all team memeber should get gold/exp for the char they played and and if someone wants extra of X reward they roll for it...same for blueprint.

So at least we wont get a situation when you wated 20 mins for nothing at all.

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 16, 2017, 03:39:01 PM
I would like, like mentioned by someone before, a performance system of sorts ! Not one that gets you 1% if you literally get nothing, but if you go head to head on say gold, with a player that did a lot less than you, it seems only fair for you to get like 70% of that gold.

And as I said in my own post (thanks for the invitation ;) ), The blueprint needs to be a rarer drop, but one that all players get (with a compensation if it's a duplicate).

It's hard enough to play with PUGs who don't understand the melee system and objectives, going around, not seeing elite, depleting life counts, shooting fully charged rooters while staying next to them, trying to interact with the generators without any aleph and so on and so on, without adding to injury =/

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 16, 2017, 07:55:39 PM
I don't think I would like a proportion rewards on your performance, you will only make the difference bigger between good and bad players. Most good players will play more than the bad players, as they are often more casual.

I second the part to get a small base reward always, I think the biggest problem is to be able to go without rewards for a long match, that can be pretty frustrating.

I like how it works the blueprint now. I think that if you give the blueprint to everyone then the content of the game can be rushed in a week without much problem. And less value to replaying games. Although I am used to that type of rewards.

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 06:45:05 AM
I feel overall if you gamble on a BP and lose, you should get SOMETHING.

Even if it's just like 50 gold. We spent 20 mins getting there, we want at least something.

Otherwise it's fine for me. I just think the rewards should be a bit higher.