Author Topic: Antagonist balance  (Read 2630 times)

Zumbledum

• View Profile
Antagonist balance
on: May 27, 2017, 03:32:59 PM
I think your going to have an impossible time balancing this character. either you balance him against 4 man teams on voice coms in which case hes just going to go around stomping any pug group , or you balance him against pugs in which case hes just going to be too weak against a good co ordinated team.

Besides its not like you can even measure the metrics that go into how good a team is going to be, at best this is going to be based on a rough win/loss ratio and you would need a huge player base to do more.

and he will naturally lose effectiveness as time goes on, ignorance is his friend and the teams enemy, right now he is freely one shotting me in one of two ways either he walks towards me soaking up all the shots i have then he one shots me with a punch or he appears unseen behind me and one shots me. i haven't worked out what to do yet, and judging by the eat all you can murder streaks im seeing all antagonists going on thats pretty universal,
But come the day in the future we all know where to stand were all grouped up and we have learnt how to avoid these (frankly cheesy) one shots its going to be a whole different story.

so who are you going to aim your balance at?

and for my money i will be honest i dont like the idea at all and its likely to be the reason i dont buy it (though im sure the announcement its free to play is near) is because i like 4 player co op shooters i dont like pvp shooters.

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist balance
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:37:36 PM
Yeah, i have same concerns. All 4v1 so far screwed with ballancing, making one player very underpowered agains premade groups. Even how, when playing against total newbs who are obviously not even good in shooters it's just too easy to lose if people at least stick together - while you attacking one, other attacks you, end of story. And if all team walks together, the only chance to get kills is headshots from sniper rifle, because any close range waepons will meet only bulletstorm. Enemies in this game are weak and teams rarely too distracted to miss the antagonists. Also levels are too open, it's too easy to spot incoming antagonist....