Author Topic: Reporting cheaters and exploits  (Read 8646 times)

This_Is_Howser

• View Profile
Reporting cheaters and exploits
on: October 13, 2020, 06:43:34 AM
Hey Spacelords!!! Just wondering why we still have no reporting system and when we can expect one. I know there's the whole side of unnecessary reports that some will do, but there's no way to call actual cheaters to attention. And even when they aren't cheating, but maybe exploiting, it will still point it out to the devs.
Thanks!!

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting cheaters and exploits
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 10:47:43 AM
Hey Spacelords!!! Just wondering why we still have no reporting system and when we can expect one. I know there's the whole side of unnecessary reports that some will do, but there's no way to call actual cheaters to attention. And even when they aren't cheating, but maybe exploiting, it will still point it out to the devs.
Thanks!!

Hello there, This_Is_Howser!
We have a support mail you can send your reports to: spacelords_teamsupport@mercurysteam.com . If you'd like to avoid emailing, you can always send us a message via all our social media channels so as to discord. We'll read it and take the proper action about it for both people who cheat and exploit the game!

This_Is_Howser

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:50:34 PM
Hi Laura 👋
Great to hear from you! Thank you for that insight. Seeing as some of us are on console and may not have the ability to export a video, is there any kind of information we should be sending in our correspondence? It's easy enough to do that kind of reporting on PC, but much harder to provide proof as a console player.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 11:28:36 AM
Good morning!

This information comes really handy: 

- Your username.
- Your Platform
- The username of the player that you want to report.
- Mission and phase.
- Description of issue
- Date and time zone.

What's your platform, PS4 or XBox?

This_Is_Howser

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 08:45:41 AM
Hi Laura!
Me and my friend are on PS.

Is there not a simple way to implement a reporting system that allows you to select the Reason (cheating, exploiting, throwing match, offensive language, etc) and then to select which Phase (or full mission) it occurred on, and the rest could be automatically pulled? Or is that an issue due to being cross platform?

Howser

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 09:15:45 AM
Good morning, This_Is_Howser!
I'm afraid there's not! Sadly, we've to stick to the manual reporting. On the other hand, if you give us this username (please avoid posting it here so it doesn't create public shaming of any kind), we could further investigate this player!
You can DM me via this very forum or via Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook!
Have a great day!

This_Is_Howser

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 11:08:59 AM
I suppose what I am trying to get across is that there is no system in place to stop the system from match making you with people you could have reported for being a toxic player.
Just tonight, my friend and I were paid with 1 person who ran straight to the end space for each phase and didn't help at all, 1 person who kept dying on purpose to make us run out of lives to throw the match because he didn't think we had a chance at winning and had already tried to vote to forfeit once and no one agreed with him, and 1 person who kept going afk and would come back and be completely unhelpful with objectives and then would disappear again. And we were paired with that last one twice in one night.

Players like this cost matches and ruin fun for other players,  ruin the game experience, and there is no system discouraging them from doing these things as well as cheating or exploiting. A player has no way to mark another player as toxic and to no longer be paired with them during match making. You can gor through 10 matches in a night, get 3 toxic players in different matches, and you might get paired with some of them in multiple matches. You can't back out of a match after you see who you're playing with and no it is going to be a terrible time, and there's no way to stop that.

I hope that expresses another side of the issue I am trying to explain :)
I am sure plenty of other players run into these same issues and are just as frustrated about them.

Thanks again for reading and listening Laura!
Howser

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 02:03:36 PM
I understand your frustration, Howser. Toxic behavior such as this can undermine a match indeed.

Know that we do have a ban system that takes care of this kind of infractions. It might take some time, but it detects the most common misbehavior and takes action against them.

For more specific reports such as the one you mention in your message, you just need to open the troubleshooting menu after the match and tell us what happened. Then it's on us to investigate it and take the proper means about it!

I know this is not the response you'd like to hear, Howser. I'm really sorry you guys had to go through that situation.

And please, don't thank me for that! I'm happy to listen to your feedback!