Author Topic: Great Clash: HIVE weapon changes feedback  (Read 7557 times)

NinMug

• View Profile
Great Clash: HIVE weapon changes feedback
on: September 20, 2020, 11:31:30 AM
After testing new changes i think i can share some feedback about new HIVE weapon changes.

Overall curent changes:
All of them are positive and bring HIVE on old level of viability and not overtune her. She still suffer from same problems but this is good step to make her very solid and viable on all skill levels.

Her leech is her main offensive tool , without it she cant pose serious threat and pressure her opponents. It also extremely important for her defensive potential , since with better leech range she can better get essence.

Plague:
She is now in perfect state and take a role of pure CQC weapon.
Her main strength now is her leech , completely sacrificing range damage output.
With it HIVE can put very good pressure at close range and be seriuos threat.

Its very one dimensional weapon , its not versatile and map depended , since she focuses on leech and dont have any range damage. Also her damage output is not high.
Conclusion: Plague is now niche weapon for players what want to focus completely on CQC and leeching. Its a solid weapon and new changes fit her theme.

Wasp:
Basically new changes are allow faster charge rate(4 shots now , 6-7 before) , increasing her damage potential. Fire rate and reload nerf are unnoticable at max forge stats.
Leech damage always was weakest and not point of her so nerf to damage not really hurt her.
Main con now is nerf to essence gain: its now 1 essence per tick , meaning Wasp is her worst option in terms of essence gain and usage of ability.
It can be fixed with cards like endorphins and enzymes.
She still can be charged only at close range , making HIVE very vulnerable if she cant get close to charge her.
Conclusion: Wasp is best DPS option for HIVE and amazing for clearing hordes of enemies. New changes make Wasp more enjoyable , thanks to
faster charge rate. Its sacrifice everything for damage output , making her best offensive option for aggressive playstyle.

Wasp is tough cookie to balance but now its in good spot , she is not overtuned and not weak.

Shy and MM-6C damage buffs are very unnoticable but its still very welcome. MM-6C is still her worst weapon and Shy is mediocre.

MM-6C:
Still weakest weapon in Hive arsenal and it dont have any remarkable traits. Its a pure CQC weapon but dont have good damage to compensate lack of any utility or special perks.
Conclusion: Still her worst choice and very bland but slighlty better for players what only got HIVE. Outpreformed by other weapons in utility and dont have good damage. BUT i want to mention its have best crit damage but because how low her critical chance is , its just outpreform in damage by Shy and in utility by Plague.
What can be done to make her better:
Remove projectile fall off and allow to shoot straight.
Increase damage OR critical chance.

I think best option will be if MM will be best damage dealer in terms of leech damage but have zero range damage and no utility.
So in the end MM will be CQC oriented weapon what focus purely on damage , while Plague have better utility.

Shy:
Its HIVE most "jack of all trades" weapon. Slight buff to dmg and leech range is welcome but dont change anything drastically.
Conclusion: Overall almost perfect weapon but still dont have enough flavor as Plague and Wasp , her projectile range and bubble give HIVE versatility in any situations.
Bubble still very unreliable by not always protecting or flying in different direction
What can be done to make her better:
Shy its HIVE only "sniper" rifle , so buff to accuracy and increase in projectile(bullet) only damage OR allow Shy to headshot would be best option.
This will benefit skilled players , not overtune her and fit her theme.
In the end Shy will be true precision rifle but lose in terms of damage to Wasp and in leech to Plague and MM(if it will be buffed).

IMPORTANT NOTE: There will be some complaints about how Plague or Wasp got OP but its so far from truth. This type of complaints will come from inexperienced or new players. Wasp and Plague is in solid state , they have pros and cons and not overtuned.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 06:57:15 AM by NinMug »

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Great Clash: HIVE weapon changes feedback
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 01:45:51 PM
Hello there, Nin'Mug!
First of all thank you! You really put some effort in this one!
I personally liked how you divided the text in colors, making it more approachable to read. Also, you touch really interesting points. I do agree that Plague might be the most suit for CQC. Headshot capability on Shy would be quite dangerous tho.

On the other hand by the detail of every description, it would likely help new players as a contained HIVE tutorial guide.
Good job there!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 09:43:45 PM
NinMug, I'm so happy you can play Hive now!!!

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 08:41:28 AM
Hello there, Nin'Mug!
First of all thank you! You really put some effort in this one!
I personally liked how you divided the text in colors, making it more approachable to read. Also, you touch really interesting points. I do agree that Plague might be the most suit for CQC. Headshot capability on Shy would be quite dangerous tho.

On the other hand by the detail of every description, it would likely help new players as a contained HIVE tutorial guide.
Good job there!
Thank you! Glad to provide useful feedback!
NinMug, I'm so happy you can play Hive now!!!
Im really happy too , she still have same issues but now she is on old level of viability. I will write more detailed feedback about it and what can be done to make her solid on all skill levels and MMR but not overtune her.

Miguerys

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 08:45:16 PM
You guys hire people to write this? Old levels of viability? Not by a long shot, and Shy, the description you give is like when it was released, not after the 6 or 7 nerfs it received. Seriously, you guys don't think people will pick the game and see for themselves how that is not at all what they are experiencing? I see a lot of "we're looking into it" in the forum but not a single update. Is there plans for an actual update, any date you can give us? or the only activity will be out of touch posts in the forums?

Sorry-not-sorry for my blunt approach, the game is plagued with characters being jerks to each other all the time so I thought it is something acceptable given the context. Oh and Merry Christmass btw.

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 09:49:40 AM
There will be no updates or patches anymore , game is on life support.
Better just to move on and play something else.