Author Topic: Economic system /store gestion  (Read 4016 times)

Archérus

• View Profile
Economic system /store gestion
on: March 15, 2020, 08:41:20 PM
Hi everyone !
Today , I will share my opinion about the exclusiveness of  in-games cosmetics .
In my opinion the exclusiveness for cosmetics is a bad thing , it's frustrating , and a true pity for the player and the dev team. MercurySteam is doing such an amazing job !  They worked for something that new player can't buy ( and support MercurySteam by the way) and can't use now ,  because , the new player started the game too late. In my opinion its such a pity .  I want to support MercurySteam , I want to buy "the love is in the air" emotes , I want to buy the 4 exclusive skins. And I don't think I'm the only one.

My suggestions are the following : make the event related cosmetics buyable the whole year, but very expensive compared to the others , and far more cheaper during the event (but more expensive than others cosmetics).
And make the exclusive skins buyable in a pack , or individually.
In my opinion its best system , players can support and buy their favourite cosmetics , and MercurySteam is payed for their (amazing ;)job.

Let me know what you (whoever you are ) think about that ,  and have a nice day !:D

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Re: Economic system /store gestion
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 09:36:06 PM
Hi everyone !
Today , I will share my opinion about the exclusiveness of  in-games cosmetics .
In my opinion the exclusiveness for cosmetics is a bad thing , it's frustrating , and a true pity for the player and the dev team. MercurySteam is doing such an amazing job !  They worked for something that new player can't buy ( and support MercurySteam by the way) and can't use now ,  because , the new player started the game too late. In my opinion its such a pity .  I want to support MercurySteam , I want to buy "the love is in the air" emotes , I want to buy the 4 exclusive skins. And I don't think I'm the only one.

My suggestions are the following : make the event related cosmetics buyable the whole year, but very expensive compared to the others , and far more cheaper during the event (but more expensive than others cosmetics).
And make the exclusive skins buyable in a pack , or individually.
In my opinion its best system , players can support and buy their favourite cosmetics , and MercurySteam is payed for their (amazing ;)job.

Let me know what you (whoever you are ) think about that ,  and have a nice day !:D

Limited time cosmetics and emotes can be frustrating, but I think it's part of a long term financial plan: In some games there are in-game stores that sell event exclusive cosmetics and emotes and offer limited time discounts, these put pressure on the player's fear of missing out. This motivation can come from the player viewing content as either an external reward like having it as a status symbol or an enjoyable accessory.

In conclusion: limited time purchasable content and discounts, like event exclusives are good for the Spacelords economy, because they drive more sales. And more sales means the developers can have a more flexible budget and a better safety cushion, which can come in handy when trying out new and different ideas or changing the direction of the company when it needs to.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 10:46:52 PM by lightoflife3 »

Deadlyweiss

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 11:27:55 PM
MSE said that the elite skins would never be available again -  at this point it's about them keeping a promise to the people that supported them in the beginning.

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 03:29:35 AM
MSE said that the elite skins would never be available again -  at this point it's about them keeping a promise to the people that supported them in the beginning.

Elite skins? I'm sorry I don't understand?