Author Topic: Opinion on the games current state  (Read 7912 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Opinion on the games current state
on: February 16, 2020, 01:38:21 AM
Hello MSE, I would like to take a minute of my time to provide some gameplay feedback. I think the game is amazing aesthetically plus the raider model and map designs are breath taking. The lore of the game is also amazingly fleshed out. However, I have noticed a few issues that have been over-looked or placed on the back burner.

One issue in particular is the fairness in PvP. I understand in the past the scales were slightly weighted in the favor of the antagonist, specially when it came to newer players joining the game. But, in the current state of the game raiders are just practically being handed wins and feel as if they are deserving of it, often bragging and being overall toxic.

MMR is just broken. I made this post immediately after playing a game of antagonist and the mission difficulty was 28%. Why? Because my person MMR was 51% and their average mmr was 38%. There was zero adds spawning. I could not call orders, I could not get them to defend me, I couldn't do anything when it came to add support.

The toxicity in the community is another issue, however, I understand MSE can only do so much when it comes to the player's behavior. But, giving raiders wins when they are not deserving of it is not helping. A small group of raiders are often ignoring objectives to bully antagonist for kill points. Raiders often taunt or emote on antagonist kills, and some are even sending messages to antagonist who have lost matches to taunt them. Constantly allowing them to win is just feeding their egos and not actually teaching them anything. Stop babying and start giving them a challenge.

Lehi

• View Profile
Re: Opinion on the games current state
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 07:45:04 AM
If you want to keep your sanity, stop playing antag.
The current state is the game the majority wants. The majority of the players are bullies in nature. By design, antag is not needed. Even network speed is not favorable to antag. If they have slivht idea to group up. You have very low chance to win. If they nest at one location. Or all 4 move together. You dont stand a chance.

But if you still wamt to win, use one shot down build from mid range. The current trend is rak, dol, ayana, val, and mikah. I recommend rak and mikah.

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 06:14:20 PM
I think if spacelords developers make gradual adjustments to the game to make it less encouraging of toxic behavior and more discouraging, it may shift people's behaviors. And if their was some incentive for player etiquette, like if players could rate other players by their toxicity or other qualities, then maybe they could be funneled into matchmaking to better pair players with similar qualities, such as politeness or whether they like to talk in group. I think

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 07:49:21 PM
Dude, you dont read what he wrote. He said he felt offended by the emotes. Do you know who sells and promotes those emotes?
This is a game without a fair server but with toxity of call of duty.

Freckled Banana

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:51:31 AM
I dont think you read this post, or you didnt absorb it whatsoever.

Well said, Alex.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 06:04:45 AM
Lehi, just use K&K, KJ5 or Last Wish and card into them. I heard it's the new Antag EZ mode now. You will get plenty of wins.

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 01:13:30 AM
Cheap wins are not the solution to antagonist-match balancing. There should be just as much viability among characters and weapons as their is variety. If one of the most significant factors to antagonists or raiders winning matches is by choosing from only a very few number of characters and weapons, then what is the point of having variety if most options are un-viable

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 07:32:08 PM
The toxicity comes from the fact that this game is so complex it makes it impossible to properly balance.  That being such, it naturally attracts some scoundrels looking to exploit whatever imbalances are in the game's current state.  Obviously the solution is to separate the PvE and PvP modes, and give special exclusive rewards  for PvP.  CoD and Rainbow 6 Siege are both famous for their online PvP, but Zombies and Terrorist Hunt PvE are both very popular as well.

MSE is stuck on keeping this niche as a 4v1 game like gollum is stuck on the ring.  It's time to swallow one's pride and evolve.  I believe this game is just as good if not better than WarFrame or Paladins, but the player base is obviously waaaaay lower.  Maybe it's time to take drastic action to fix that.

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 09:23:16 PM
The toxicity comes from the fact that this game is so complex it makes it impossible to properly balance.  That being such, it naturally attracts some scoundrels looking to exploit whatever imbalances are in the game's current state.  Obviously the solution is to separate the PvE and PvP modes, and give special exclusive rewards  for PvP.  CoD and Rainbow 6 Siege are both famous for their online PvP, but Zombies and Terrorist Hunt PvE are both very popular as well.

MSE is stuck on keeping this niche as a 4v1 game like gollum is stuck on the ring.  It's time to swallow one's pride and evolve.  I believe this game is just as good if not better than WarFrame or Paladins, but the player base is obviously waaaaay lower.  Maybe it's time to take drastic action to fix that.
I don't think the toxicity is a symptom of game balancing issues. I think the game's balancing issues allow for people with pre-existing toxic tendencies to exploit the game in a way that they can feed into their own emotional problems.

By the way, I have written on the subject of ways to improve spacelords
https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=31748.msg47972#msg47972
If your looking for ideas to improve PvP, I have made two brief bullepoints on the subject: sections 3a) and 3b)

Look for them in the link ( :
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:33:59 PM by lightoflife3 »

Crash

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 08:00:36 PM
They could do so much with this game, but the 4v1 is just a flop and somehow they still refuse after so much time to give up with it.

The game could just have normal PvE but do something similar to what Resident Evil Resistance is doing which funnily enough would very easily work with this game, and then if players want actual PvP...then just put a 4v4 mode in, but 4v1 where 1 player directly controlls the 1 mostly doesn't work very well or at all, the rare exceptions are games like Dead by Daylight because it's not 4 players directly attacking 1, they're avoiding and using tools to avoid and escape, but you physically can not balance a direct 4v1 encounter, Evolve was the first to try and look how that turned out.

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 03:47:54 AM
They could do so much with this game, but the 4v1 is just a flop and somehow they still refuse after so much time to give up with it.

The game could just have normal PvE but do something similar to what Resident Evil Resistance is doing which funnily enough would very easily work with this game, and then if players want actual PvP...then just put a 4v4 mode in, but 4v1 where 1 player directly controlls the 1 mostly doesn't work very well or at all, the rare exceptions are games like Dead by Daylight because it's not 4 players directly attacking 1, they're avoiding and using tools to avoid and escape, but you physically can not balance a direct 4v1 encounter, Evolve was the first to try and look how that turned out.
I don't know anything about the resident evil multiplayer that you speak of. But I kinda agree with you that their should be game modes dedicated to different things e.g. PvE and PvP. Maybe the antagonist system was an attempt to add an additional feature to matches instead of making a different game mode, because Spacelords's playerbase wasn't large enough to have an additional game mode without their being longer wait times while queuing for matchmaking. I don't know if the playerbase is large enough now to support two game modes, even with the one game mode matchmaking can take a while.