Author Topic: Black screen bug  (Read 5990 times)

Wrathy Boy

• View Profile
Black screen bug
on: February 12, 2020, 05:22:52 AM
So i wanted to help get a friend of mine into spacelords earlier today on xbox one. but when he finished his download and got past the opening cinematic he kept getting hit with this black screen that wouldn't let him through to play, his screen would constantly stay black, even after restarting the game the amount of times he did it wouldn't let him through. I've been hit with this black screen too but mine usually lets me through to the title screen after some minutes at most, but my friend just hasn't been allowed through it thus far. I don't know if others have had this issue but my friend is trying to reinstall the game to see if uninstalling and reinstalling would solve the issue.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:24:30 AM by Wrathy Boy »

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Black screen bug
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 12:18:23 PM
Hey there, Wrathy Boy
It sounds like a network bug. Please let me know if this is fixed when we install the game all over again. Anyway, I'm sending a report to QA so they can investigate it!

Wrathy Boy

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 09:48:41 PM
My friend did get it reinstalled but he's still experiencing the black screen issue so he's trying to uninstall and reinstall the game one more time right now so i hope after this time it starts working by then, i hope the QA team is able to do something if this still continues.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 03:31:17 PM
Let's try to track this down!
Has your friend passed through the tutorial? What's his platform and Nick?

Wrathy Boy

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 08:08:08 PM
My friend plays on xbox and his name on it is Chief StorBjorn, the game so far hasn't let him through to the menu after the opening cinematic when you turn on the game; and because of that he hasn't been able to touch or see the tutorial.

Wrathy Boy

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 12:09:51 AM
(Update) my friend was able to get to the tutorial and got to play a few missions today! I hope it doesn't happen to him again though but ya so far so good for him.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 03:09:39 PM
Great!
I do see that he has a backend profile now!
How did he manage to go through the black screen? This info could be really useful to other players with the same issue.
Please let me know if this happens again!

Wrathy Boy

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 01:23:00 AM
Honestly forgot about my post after my friend got spacelords working (my apologies) but as far as i know it was simply uninstalling the game more than once that helped resolve the issue for him it seems, hope it does help if others experience the same!

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 03:26:03 PM
Thank you so much, Wrathy Boy! ^^