Author Topic: Javelin needs Buff  (Read 3353 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Javelin needs Buff
on: February 17, 2020, 02:38:40 AM
Can we buff Javelin please? This gun literally does minimal damage up close and so it only does more damage far range, but even at that it only wounds them. Even with Toxic all that have to do is roll. And if you run up to them that is your death wish as they will just meld your weak 60 health, no armor cougar form as you SLLLLLLOOOOWLY transform to normal. So we can clearly see that it is not made to be a follow up on wound weapon. It cannot kill anyone only wound. It only does any damage at range. So it is really quite weak. Those of us who don't want to use all of Ginebra's "gimmicky" weapons and want a straight forward weapon have only one of the worst weapons in the game to use.

This is coming from a time when we have such GLARINGLY overpowered weapons right now like JK5, K&K and Last Wish and somehow Jav is as impotent as it is.

Please consider making Jav a viable weapon against players. Killing bosses is not really a major need in today's meta. It's the ONLY weapon she has where we don't have to play pool and/or rely on the environment to deal any damage. I don't see Mikah, Doldren, or Iune having to rely on the environment to do damage.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Javelin needs Buff
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 02:26:42 AM
I have some suggestions to make Javelin a baseline decent weapon like most of the other weapons in the game.
1. Make it do the same damage at all ranges. It is incredibly silly that it does reduced damage to close up targets when we have weapons like K&K, LAst Wish, JK5, Bloody Mary, Wisdom, Granny,  Ignis, KLT, Sigh, Blink, Redeemer, Catharsis, VK9, Barrier, DPY, All of Shae's weapons, erc... that all do decent damage at close range as well as far. Many of these weapons are hit scan while Javelin is projectile AND does not shoot straight. There really isn't any reason it should be doing low damage up close of ALL these other weapons do fine and many do MORE damage than Javelin (DPS per second) and ALSO do good damage up close.

2. Make it shoot straight. Modern crossbows (even most medieval crossbows) shoot straighter for further distance than the "futuristic" Javelin. If we are to have the gimmick of having it be range dependent with its damage then AT LEAST make it as accurate as ALL the other ranged weapons in the game. If I could depend on the aiming of the weapon I could forgive the horribly weak damage it has.

3. Get rid of the tension. If we are to have range dependence with damage and have terribly outdated trajectory arc then AT LEAST get rid of tension.

4. Replace auto-reload with Antimatter. Auto-reload is useless for a weapon that has tension and relies on you building that tension. You will very often not ever use your full "clip" because you are shooting duds after the first shot. At least with Antimatter we could actually maybe hurt people with the gun instead of just wounding them. I think if you are good enough to aim and hit with a broken trajectory weapon you should be rewarded with a kill. As it is now when you wound a player you are too far to capitalize on it. And it doesn't do ANY good wounding them for you allies to kill, you don't get KP because that's effectively just helping your allies steal your hard earned KP from aiming and shooting a terrible weapon.

Again, please look at Javelin and compare it to the other weapons. I know it seems "cute" to give it this horrible limitation of range dependency, laughable arc and non-hit scan in a game where nearly EVERY other weapon that is considered a far ranged weapon doesn't have these horrible weaknesses. Javelin is in a VERY poor state. As the only semi-normal weapon for her it should be good since not all of us want to play her gimmick weapons.