Author Topic: Harec Nerf When?  (Read 6983 times)

flowone

• View Profile
Harec Nerf When?
on: January 30, 2020, 12:53:17 AM
So when are we going to get a nerf to Harec's Stalk? It's been a very long time and it's amazing that it's allowed to exist in it's current state. Its a complete unfair ability with virtually no downsides. There's a reason why a lot of vets use him, cause he's so easy to abuse.

Everyone has some kind of limitation or condition to their ability. Why is it that other Raiders have a high cooldown limitation to their ability like Hans, Mikah, Schneider (sans a card that can help it but its a card you have to dedicate to it), but Harec can spam it constantly if he's only sticks briefly. And that's the only method people use so of course that's what happens. The transition has no wind up, the range is practically infinite, and the initial jump has INVULNERABILITY FRAMES. So good luck stopping him if you have a not so optimal connection. You shoot, he immediately presses it, shots go through him while he does his spin before the jump, he goes far enough where 70% of the cast cannot hit him due to their weapon class range limits. Already aiming shot while transitioning so all he has to do is pull the trigger as soon as he lands. Body shoots you. Comes back down to melee if you're close enough or jump immediately again and shoots you again. Repeat until win.

You need to do something about it. Make it have larger costs on usage no matter how long they stay. Have it have a wind up with no invulnerability frames. Range limit, cooldowns, something. It's kind of gotten worse with the new system. Build a bit of toxin, go for body shots and the toxin damage will kill everything for you.

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Re: Harec Nerf When?
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 04:30:50 AM
I don't think the problem is with harec
The problem is how broken toxin is lately

I don't think you've been at this game long enough to have any experience on why harec's ability is like this

Short history lesson:harec used to have a long cooldown on his stalk, and was only used for strategic location...but the devs figured out that he would get demolished and have no way to retaliate so...they made his cooldown based on how long he stays in stalk...and that introduced to us the ninja harec that flies everywhere and one shots you with his ignis or burns you with easter egg

Again that's his playstyle, not everything should get nerfed or have downsides i'm sick and tired of nerfs and people like you that ask for them

Sheezus

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 02:14:54 PM
This game should be 10x more popular than it currently is but it's not because of the random and forced game modes.  It's just as good as warframe but massively less popular for one reason: lack of control, choice, and options.  Balancing a game as complex as this would be difficult for a dev team with massive resources like EA, let alone a little Indie group.  Just stop forcing PvP.  Common sense.   

The wait times for antag will go up in the short term but come down in the long term.   

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 03:56:24 PM
This game should be 10x more popular than it currently is but it's not because of the random and forced game modes.  It's just as good as warframe but massively less popular for one reason: lack of control, choice, and options.  Balancing a game as complex as this would be difficult for a dev team with massive resources like EA, let alone a little Indie group.  Just stop forcing PvP.  Common sense.   

The wait times for antag will go up in the short term but come down in the long term.

Yeah no one like to have an antag
If they stopped forcing pvp then antagging is 100% dead

That is a horrible idea in my opinion

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 10:37:27 AM
Hey guys, Toxin damage is bugged. We are uploading a patch this Wednesday.

flowone

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 05:00:41 AM
Again that's his playstyle, not everything should get nerfed or have downsides i'm sick and tired of nerfs and people like you that ask for them

Well im sick and tired of people like you who want broken, unfair, no counter play content in any game just so you can abuse cheese. Again why does everyone else have limitations and downsides but god forbid Harec is held to the same standard. He's not fun to deal with on either side. Nothing is wrong with getting rid of broken, unfair aspects that ruins everyone's time and balancing. Both side losing should be something where you can honestly say that you tried and had some kind of impact or chance. Raiders or Antags losing not because the other side made the right plays but because one side use something that is nigh unstoppable, that the worst play could easily use and abuse.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 06:38:49 AM
Nice try, but this is mse's style to do balancing, like, make everything broken so no need for balancing. Like, boader lands. I disagree to the style because this contains pvp, unlike boaderlands.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 09:16:28 AM
You just have to know how to counter him...plenty of counter play available

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 06:10:14 AM
I agree, Harec Stalk is the best special in the game. Takes him out of CQC, he's immune to damage while in mid stalk, he can roll and restalk upon coming back, he can card executioner so you CAN'T CQC him when he gets back. He can card firmness so he gets 120 health instead of 60. I have asked for a minimum cool down on his stalk to allow at least SOME form of weakness and force him to use his stalk in an intelligent way instead of spam execute and avoid all CQC. I feel a minimum of 2 seconds or at least 1.5 would allow players to get to him. He can get to us from anywhere on the pam and WE can't avoid him don't see why he shouldn't have any weaknesses like the rest of the characters.

TheHex

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 10:00:41 PM
I think that if we're going to ask for a nerf, why not make his stalk cooldown based on how many shots he did?
Fewer shots = + cooldown
Lots of shots = - cooldown
I Do not agree with any card that rewards with a huge CQC damage since, the point of CQC is the mind game involved. You make a choice, You pay the price. right?
The weapons are kinda busted for now with the new forge but... idk
Harec stalk is fine for me like it is. The weapons are the main problem.
But what do I know, right? ^^

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 03:46:42 AM
Well, Harec needs nurf like alicia and Hans do. They can deny CQC, and they can run away real quick, and they can shoot strong shots in distance.
"You need to know how to counter him". you are just protected by lag armor.

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 10:58:57 AM
I agree, Harec Stalk is the best special in the game. Takes him out of CQC, he's immune to damage while in mid stalk, he can roll and restalk upon coming back, he can card executioner so you CAN'T CQC him when he gets back. He can card firmness so he gets 120 health instead of 60. I have asked for a minimum cool down on his stalk to allow at least SOME form of weakness and force him to use his stalk in an intelligent way instead of spam execute and avoid all CQC. I feel a minimum of 2 seconds or at least 1.5 would allow players to get to him. He can get to us from anywhere on the pam and WE can't avoid him don't see why he shouldn't have any weaknesses like the rest of the characters.

I have a few ideas to rework Harecs stalk, but it's pretty much an amalgamation of other character's abilities: When Harec uses his stalking ability, he doesn't convert his entire body, instead it's like Doldren's Astral form, so his body stays in the same place, but it's cloaked. However, his bodies aleph meter gradually builds up while his ability is active. Also Harec has to charge-up whenever he wants to deactivate stalk, and the further the distance he projects his stalk, the longer it takes to charge-up.

Thoughts anyone?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:03:27 AM by lightoflife3 »