Author Topic: The epic forge update broke my heart  (Read 4779 times)

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
The epic forge update broke my heart
on: January 21, 2020, 08:27:00 AM
"When we designed the Epic Properties, we gave them the enough amount of power so they could be the true protagonists of this Epic Forge update. This means we have to cut off some of the damage budget from the old forge properties."

You lowered all basic stats, reduced them to rubble so you can increase the potency and effectiveness of advanced features

The result is no one uses basic features anymore
Caliber is clearly carbage
And critical stats aren't that strong or frequent anymore
Along with other stats like arsenal

The sad truth is i can put 15 points in toxin on a weapon and nothing else and still get an absurdly powerful weapon

Epic forge was supposed to bring balance between basic and advanced features...allowing players to think outside the box and spec their weapons stats differently and creatively

I thought epic forge was going to finally put an end to bland one way builds

But it got even worse where you really only need one stat...toxin

The future? Well i highly expect a toxin nerf and then weapons will feel garbage again...and we'll fall onto this spiral of never ending nerfs and broken updates until the game finally meets it's coffin

This is the beginning of the end of spacelords
Don't say i didn't warn ya

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: The epic forge update broke my heart
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 06:16:36 AM
I just hate the mod Tetris minigame and how we have to rely once again on RNG. I would just like to build a weapon and use it to play the game like it used to be. Now I cannot use the weapon I want, I have to roll mod parts over and over again in hoped to get rare mods and then figure out some elaborate puzzle game just to make the weapon passable let alone good. And you have to do this for EVERY weapon now.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 03:16:06 PM
Hello guys!
Sorry to hear that you are struggling with the epic forge.
Segaslash and Hihsasuke made really cool mod tutorial, one in Spanish and the other one in English. Really hope it helps:
https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/community-forge-tutorial

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 09:31:02 PM
I also dislike the MOD system, The time it takes to figure out how it works is too long, let alone how to optimize your weapons, which can be an overly complicated process; and the kill points to get all the mods you want for a single weapon is far too expensive! The design of the MOD system goes against simplicity, it would be more enjoyable if the costs to using it were significantly reduced (the cost for extractions) or if mods could be installed and uninstalled from already constructed weapons and be stored in a mod bank, where you could re-install mods into any weapon you like, be they pre-construction or post construction.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 12:21:29 AM
Usually, it is sufficient to use default stat weapons. Kill point is grindy by design. (I have no issue, though, I play antag, so I have plenty of kill points.)

It takes me only 4~6000 to make 15x3 and 3~4 affy/gold weapon. (2 draws at first, and 3~4 draw after.) It takes some more KP if I want sub features. I do not even bother using 3200 pt for premium.