Author Topic: So... Is this supposed to be happening?  (Read 9958 times)

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: So... Is this supposed to be happening?
Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 10:59:52 AM
Hey TheHex,
First of all, sorry you had a bad experience :-( 
Would you say this happens a lot or is it just at certain times when the antag MMR is significatively lower than the raiders' average MMR?

TheHex

• View Profile
Re: So... Is this supposed to be happening?
Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 09:50:41 PM
Hello Laura, how are you?
Yes, this happens all the time. People started to figure out that high antag mmr means grunts/elites/aleph requirements alot easier to manage.
ppl started to drop their mmr to gett a better AI, even before the  update that allowed the antag to command troops.
I do not think that ppl who lower their mmr on porpuse just to get a advantage wrong, since its how the game works, they only take advantage of that... but... That does'nt mean that it SHOULD happen like that.
That's why I'm against the use of MMR on ANY kind of game. That only make queues take longer and longer to find a match. Not to mention again the AI dificulty, I love a challenge but, that is BS xD
Another thing about the MMR system, the queue times are 5+ minutes. Everytime I try to solo queue as raider, I do it while watching youtube videos because I know that the queue will take forever to get me a match...
But yea, that happens alot. If the Antag MMR is around 60, the mission dificulty will go like 20-30. If the Antag MMR is below 30, the mission dificulty will spike to 60+. Grunts will shoot like 50 times before reloading, Elites will shoot their shotguns like 15-25 times without a single reload (in case of 5th concil, they will knock you back EVERY TIME they shoot, does'nt matter the range). The game becomes more of a frustration than a challenge... Sorry for changing subjects mid speach.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:54:10 PM by TheHex »